1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

V700 Review

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Beezle, Jun 2, 2007.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    That's interesting. I ordered one of the internet the other day and got it last night. I haven't had a huge amount of time to play with it yet but have scanned an image from my first roll of velvia 100F (Below). There is another review of the V700 that made want it Here. It took me about an hour to get really cumfortable with all the options which is not bad at all.

Here is my first scan:

526525464_9b6dc9956f_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    How are you getting the film back from Mars?

3. Ah yeah. I've seen that review too.

A tempting machine. That scan looks great.

I keep Velvia around and need to shoot more of it. Always happy with the results.

Did they ever release the new Velvia 50?

4. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Hehe, This is from my street, there are road works going on at the moment. All the bricks are laid on to sand in the Netherlands which they seem to constantly pull up and put back again. Rather odd if you ask me but I'm glad it allowed me to get this shot. the really low evening sun and high contrast velvia really made this image punchy, I have not done anything to this other than a bit of sharpening. The mars theme would make a great title for the image on flickr, I may take that =).

You can see a slightly larger version here to check quality.

5. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    I heard that they would re-release it but I've still seen cheap prices for old Velvia 50 so I guess they are still waiting for old stock to go down. I bought some rolls here for 2 pounds each!! =)

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Links to Epson V700 samples

Oh no, this will be my third post in this thread in a row! =(. Oh well, I thought in case someone finds this thread in the future it might be useful to have some links to some sample images from the V700 now that I have stuck a few different negatives and slides through it:

Neopan 400 - 'Amsterdam in the Rain'
    Velvia 100 - 'City Zoo'

If anyone knows how we could get these to stay at the top of the post as a sticky please let me know. I will update as and when I post more.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.