Vacations rentals in Europe

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Europe for September, and are having a hard time finding affordable places to stay. We'll be going for one month and spend the first and last weeks in London, and the middle weeks in Paris and Barcelona.

We realize that hostels would be the most cost effective method, however, we don't really want to share bathroom facilities with strangers.

If you have any suggestions on places to look, that would be greatly appreciated.

not sure your plans but I was in the UK last week and stayed in Read.. its a short rail ride to london.. 20-30 minutes.. and stayed at Premier Inns which have at least advertised rates of 29 pounds per nite.. but not sure if this meets your objectives, but it was very nice and easy to get to London as the train is non stop to paddington station and from there, you can catch the circle line easily.. just have to balance time, train fare, etc. just an idea.

www.premierinn.com Are always good value for money, the closer to Town/city centres you get the more expensive, but pick you time and location right and they can be a real bargain.

I travel a lot throughout the UK on business and always use Premier inn you always get the same standard whichever one you stay in.

My 2nd choice are http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/ similar to Premier but imo not quite as good.

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Europe for September, and are having a hard time finding affordable places to stay. We'll be going for one month and spend the first and last weeks in London, and the middle weeks in Paris and Barcelona.

We realize that hostels would be the most cost effective method, however, we don't really want to share bathroom facilities with strangers.

If you have any suggestions on places to look, that would be greatly appreciated.

In London, the Rushmore Hotel; immediately adjacent to the Metro.
Rushmore-reservatons@london.com
11 Trebovir Rd
London, SW5 9LS
+44 20 7370 3839
Around $100 per night two people

In Paris, Hotel Paris France
72 rue de Turbigo-75003
tel:01 42 78 00 04
Fax:01 42 71 99 43
Around $100 pernight.

Both are near the Metro, have bathrooms and elevators. In Paris there is a pastry shop nearby with great rolls and hot chocolate.

Enjoy!

Rich

I'd go for the oyster card. I get mine recharged everytime I go. Way cheaper if you are staying within the first two zones. At least it was for me.

London's expensive but it can be done.

In my experience, which is pretty extensive since I've spent a huge amount of time in every single type of UK hotel, on business as well as privately, Travelodge offer the best value if all you want is a clean bed to sleep in and a bathroom with bath and shower of your own, a tiny TV and a kettle. They clean the rooms and change the beds every day and that's about it, no luxuries or frills, which is why they're the lowest-price operators in the UK.

Premier Inns is next up, slightly better appointed if you value things like a wardrobe with a door on it in place of a hanging rail and a shelf or two. And perhaps a sofa, which not all Travelodge rooms have. Going up from there, the sky's the limit. For example, for £550 per night you can get a nice little room but a higher grade one will cost much more in somewhere like the Langham.

But the best advice is to book as far in advance as you possibly can - prices can fluctuate four-fold from one day to the next and a room that goes for £19-00 tonight can be £85 tomorrow.

travel lodge and Premier... both solid.. nothing bad about them.. they are clean and adequate.. Premier inns.. I was there last week in Reading.. was an excellent room, no frills, a nice bed, a tv maybe 12 inches with 2 BBC channels but the staff was excellent and the breakfast was as well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom