Critique Valley of Fire - Thanks, Terri!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks to @Terri French 's beautiful images of her visit to the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, I added that stop to our recent trip. The rocks are so red, that in processing my images, I kept de-saturating the images because they were toooooo red! LOL! So here are some de-saturated photos of this wonderful area.

#1 The Fire Wave
_85A7122-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 View from the trail to the Fire Wave
_85A7119-X3.jpg

#3 Rock formation behind the Visitor's Center....
_85A7110-X3.jpg

#4 The Beehive area
_85A7151-X3.jpg

#5 Elephant Rock
_85A7146-X3.jpg

JLH

Its a beautiful place. I have enjoyed seeing the petroglyphs there as finding these is a hobby of mine. It gives one a different take on what is now a beautiful, but barren, land that once was much different. One has to think about people from long ago who lived there in a different time and climate.
Thanks for the photos, they bring back lots of nice memories from my last visit there some years back.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice set of photographs...I have added it to my list of future places to visit!

Glenn
We stayed on Nellis AFB and drove the 37 miles out to the western entrance to the park. Overton, NV is about 15 miles from the eastern entrance to the park.

JLH

Ah, Nellis AFB..... another great memory! I remember watching the F-117 NIghthawks flying out of there. So much to see in that area....Thanks for the memories!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I’m so glad you shared these. It’s an interesting place that you captured so well!
Thanks, Terri. We either visited or drove by several places of which you have shown photos of here on NikonCafe. I kept telling my husband "....and Terri's photos of here are amazing!....."
Its a beautiful place. I have enjoyed seeing the petroglyphs there as finding these is a hobby of mine. It gives one a different take on what is now a beautiful, but barren, land that once was much different. One has to think about people from long ago who lived there in a different time and climate.
Thanks for the photos, they bring back lots of nice memories from my last visit there some years back.
It was snowing and there we didn't find any owls or much wildlife, but I enjoyed seeing the petroglyphs.
Enjoyable set! I just love red rock country and these photos make me wanna return.
Thanks so much, Mike!
Lovely set Karen. Great colors, compositions and beautiful location.
Appreciate it, Binnur!
Nice set, Karen. Some crazy looking rocks.
Crazy and colorful! It really reminded me of Utah......
Lovely images Karen.
Thanks, Bill!
I have slides of the area when we visited in 96/98, not sure which trip. Great images Karen! .
Appreciate the comments, Wade!
Ah, Nellis AFB..... another great memory! I remember watching the F-117 NIghthawks flying out of there. So much to see in that area....Thanks for the memories!
We stayed there heading to Calif and again on the way back. They have a really nice RV park there. Not a great part of town, but very secure on base and a good place from which to make day trips.

Thanks, Terri. We either visited or drove by several places of which you have shown photos of here on NikonCafe. I kept telling my husband "....and Terri's photos of here are amazing!....."

It was snowing and there we didn't find any owls or much wildlife, but I enjoyed seeing the petroglyphs.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Appreciate it, Binnur!

Crazy and colorful! It really reminded me of Utah......

Thanks, Bill!

Appreciate the comments, Wade!

We stayed there heading to Calif and again on the way back. They have a really nice RV park there. Not a great part of town, but very secure on base and a good place from which to make day trips.
You are so kind! Hope you enjoyed the places that you visited!

Reviving this thread reminds me that we haven't seen Terri hanging out here recently. I'm surely not the only one that misses her.
Thank you, Mike! I got really sick with some sort of cold, flu, or breakthrough covid. I coughed so hard that I injured my back. The respiratory illness is better now. So life has been a little rough for me. Little computer time because of the back issues. It’s nice to be missed! I’m actually using my phone at an urgent care right now to get an xRay to see if I have a compression fracture.

Thank you, Mike! I got really sick with some sort of cold, flu, or breakthrough covid. I coughed so hard that I injured my back. The respiratory illness is better now. So life has been a little rough for me. Little computer time because of the back issues. It’s nice to be missed! I’m actually using my phone at an urgent care right now to get an xRay to see if I have a compression fracture.
YIKES!

Latest threads

Top Bottom