1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vampiress - a green screen photo shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by olshroom, Jul 12, 2018.

1. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Jim, it's an interesting picture.
    One point I would change: Please, add a diffuse shadow at the lady's feet. Referring to the couch...

Go on with this series
    Klaus

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hi Klaus - thanks for the comment. You are correct about a diffuse shadow needed. That is something that I almost always over look. I will go fix it right now..

• Like Like x 1
  3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I think this is a cool shot!

4. There is also a strange artifact on her right side, from the shoulder on down.

5. It looks to me as if there's a size mis-match between the room and the woman and the different perspective on the woman and room
    makes it look like her forward foot is floating above the floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's it Larry. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. (y)

7. I'm curious about what you used for the fake blood in the glass. There are lots of tutorials on the Internet about making fake blood but I've never tried any of them. In this situation, I would probably "make" it using Photoshop.

I wonder if you have an image of the room in a larger image file, as the resolution seems to be too low to display it at this size.

8. Hi everyone, I appreciate all your comments. I have fixed what I can. The Vamp now has a shadow ( But do Vamps really have a shadow, they can't see themselves in a mirror) and the ghosting on the right side has been fixed. As for the floating foot- perhaps if the entire photo was in black and white it would might DSC_0487  BBB. not be so noticeable...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Huge improvement! The ghosting you eliminated on the right side is still displayed in between the fingers of Dracula's right hand.

10. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    The scale, however, still appears to be way off. The couch, furnishings and walls are very small compared to her.

11. You are right, Mike. I admit I was lazy and did not correct it. OOPS ..

12. Ah ya - I made her larger because if she had been to scale she would have been to small. And the43 photo was cropped in from the original to get in closer to her.

13. It's very possible to present her at the same magnification used in this image and to display the monochrome image at a larger magnification by cropping it. Doing so would achieve both goals: displaying a realistic relationship between the vampire and the room and displaying her at the current magnification.

14. OK, once more. If I was doing this commercially for profit I would spend a large amout of time fine tuning the final product. But it was done for the fun effect and that was all. Done rapidly and for enjoyment. Here is the full sized background, the model resizes and changed to a black and white image. DSC_0487 c black white.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tinstafl

Tinstafl

Aug 6, 2008
    Virginia
    I like the last version but think the selective color made it pop more. Still a great idea and concept.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.