Van Morrison, YES!

Real Name
Randy
for you New Yorkers what's the closest Hilton to MSG

*another one off the bucket list

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
There's a Hilton Garden Inn that's three blocks away from MSG. The nearest "real" Hilton (if you know what I mean) is at Times Square, I believe, around eight blocks away. Or, there's a Homewood Suites by Hilton, which is 2 blocks or so away. Have fun!

Real Name
Randy
B&H is a few blocks away from MSG as well. :)

you devil, I had forgotten about B&H....while the family if off shopping I'll have to stop by

Any opinions of the the 'Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden'
it gets good reviews and 2 of the 3 nights will be free anyway (Hilton points)

Real Name
Randy
There's a Hilton Garden Inn that's three blocks away from MSG. The nearest "real" Hilton (if you know what I mean) is at Times Square, I believe, around eight blocks away. Or, there's a Homewood Suites by Hilton, which is 2 blocks or so away. Have fun!

thx, that one looks best so far

what is the exact name of the Homewood suites (more room)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Sorry, Randy - I just doublechecked. The Homewood Suites won't be accepting reservations until January 2014. I don't have any experience with Hampton Inns, so unfortunately, can't advise on it.

Real Name
Randy
I went with the Hampton near MSG but if anyone has a better idea let me know...The Hampton was $800 for 3 nights....man is NYC expensive....the concert tickets were almost $300 each.....but I guess a 200/2 is $6k:smile:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, NYC hotels are high, for sure. But hey, since you're spending money, drop some more at B&H - you'll feel better! :tongue:

Real Name
Randy
Van Morrison, YES!
$800 for 3 nights at the Hampton, NO! :eek:

Glenn

yea but what can you do, and I still have another $300 each for air

so let me add that up

$900 Van
$800 hotel
$800 air

tg we don't need to eat food or drink beer:smile:, well I could skip the food

The Hotel Pennsylvania is right across the street from MSG. Don't have a clue what it costs, as it was one of our layover hotels, for the airlines. Can't remember what it's like either. Might be OK, and it might be a dump.

Glenn Miller even had a hit song which featured the hotel's phone number. :biggrin:

Real Name
Randy
Hotel Pennsylvania is a dump.

And that's why it was our layover hotel. :frown: I seem to remember it being a dump, but it's been so long I couldn't be sure.

Another dump we used to stay in was the Milford Plaza.....or as we called it, the Mildew. :eek:

Real Name
Randy
Oh, man, is it ever!

Randy, I hope VM doesn't do his infamous canceling at the last minute. Because then you'd have to spend ALL your time at B&H,
:biggrin:

I never heard he did that, sure hope he doesn't

my daughter saw him last year in London and said he was amazing

Latest threads

Top Bottom