1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vancouver Island, BC

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Pa, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mrs. T. and I spent four days exploring Vancouver Island in early August. Here are a few snapshots from our visit.

1. Cathedral Grove
    _D728270-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Long Beach
    _D728299-XL.jpg

3. King gentian
    _D728317-XL.jpg

4. Amphrite Point, Wild Pacific Trail
    D55_9982-XL.jpg

5. Schooner Cove Trail
    _D728387-XL.jpg

6. Schooner Cove Trail
    _D728374-XL.jpg

7. Rainforest Trail
    _D728400-XL.jpg

8. Schooner Cove at low tide
    _D728408-XL.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I have been waiting for these and they're wonderful! I especially like the one of Mrs. T. on the Rainforest trail, as it shows a sense of scale with her versus the trees. Well done, Jim!

3. Your compositions separate these from "snapshots". They bring back many pleasant memories.

Larry

4. All beautiful Jim. I have friends there but have never been there. Sure would like to visit before my dirt nap.

5. Great series. Nice weather too, or very varied.

6. Thanks, Lyndee. We certainly enjoyed seeing this unique area.

Thanks, Larry.

I highly recommend it. There really is a lot to see, but you have to hike the trails!

Thanks, Nick. We had beautiful weather for our entire 3-week trip to BC, except for low clouds on the west side of Vancouver Island. But I think that is normal.

7. The red shirt in #4 nicely complements the red light house. The lines and scale are terrific in #6.

8. These are terrific. We're only a few hours away and have been to Victoria several times, but have not spent much time exploring the island itself. Plan a trip sometime this year!! Thanks for giving me some "suggestions" for stops!!

Ken

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  9. Thanks, Mike. The guy in the red shirt happened along just in time. I'm glad you like #6 because I do, and I didn't think anyone else would.

Thanks, Ken. You really should go being so close. Search YouTube for Adam Gibbs.

10. Thanks!!! Will do.

Ken

11. Gorgeous shot Jim with #8 being a killer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks, Louie.

13. I enjoyed these a lot. Makes one want to go there.

14. Well I'm surprised you didn't "call" me Jim, I'm on the island, very nice images. I was in Tofino and Cathedral Grove this weekend, very different - it rained like h-l

15. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Jim, you did it again...
    Showing the beauty of nature, you make want to go there.

Wonderful shots
    Klaus

16. Thanks, Allan.

Thanks, Andreas. Sorry I didn't make contact, but we were on a very tight schedule. The drive from Sooke to Tofino was much longer than I had calculated.

Thanks, Klaus.

17. These are great. We went to Vancouver Island, but only made it to Victoria and Butchart Gardens.

18. Thanks, Walter. There is much more to Vancouver Island than that, so stay longer next time!

19. Again nice series I need to get out more.

20. For those of you contemplating a first or repeat visit to VI, Buchart's Gardens is at its very best in late April to early May - the period when all the spring flowers are erupting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.