1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vancouver, Pano's only!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by lexiticus, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Went to Vancouver for 5 days, awesome weather for pictures so here they are!

This thread is panoramics ONLY, I took quite a few while I was there, and these are some of my favorites!

First few are all Infrared, taken with a modified D70, Last ones are Taken with the D300, and mostly the Sigma 10-20mm.
    The pics include Vancouver and the backroute there (Spences Bridge, Lytton, Lillooet, Pemberton, Whistler and Squamish)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    awesome shots

3. wow......
    this is an incredible thread
    what terrific images
    thanks for sharing them with us

4. These are simply awesome! Thanks for sharing.

5. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Wow lexiticus, shots are awesome ! Composition is great, tehnically perfect :)  Nice !

6. Thanks :)  It was an amazing trip for scenery, I took way more Pano's than even I normally do!
    Haha, they look neat all lined up because I fit the 3:1 ratio for printing :) 

7. Now that is some real killer stuff .. Very good Work!

8. Wow!!! Nicely done!

9. Excellent panos!! Very nicely done.
    Especially the tree pano! I would have never thought about doing that.

The only nitpick I have is some of the building look like they will topple. :D 

10. TstarJ

TstarJ

Jul 9, 2008
    Eastern Ontario
    Great panos. I love them all. I gotta learn how to do this stuff.

Jack

11. Ya I wasn't sure how to fix that without skewing the other buildings, So I just left it :) 

The Tree pano if you ever try one like it, works best at 14mm (x1.5 crop) That way you can get 3:1 and keep just enough ground in the pictures.

12. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Wow!! What can I add that hasn't already been said. These are absolutely gorgeous! I total agree with TstarJ about learning how to make these kind of photos. Two thumbs up!!!

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Making a panorama is very easy to do nowadays.

Creating works of art like you have in these images is truly an accomplishment !

Congrats !

14. Wow, very nice. The tree pano is very artisitic, good vision.

15. Thanks again! It has taken me a couple of years to get comfortable shooting and visualizing panoramics, But now it feels like everywhere I go I want to shoot one :) 

16. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Very nice. I like the one you did from Grouse, I posted one a while back too, but that was taken back when there was snow.

17. Ya I remembered that! Your post is half the reason I went up to Grouse Mountain! I hadn't realized that there was such a good view of the city from there.

I took the shot with my IR camera to help cut through the haze hence why its B+W. Even though I went up on a day with the least haze, it was still enough to make the pictures a little flat.

18. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Wow, cool. I just love the view from up there. On nice days while coming down the main run, I'll just stop and sit there for a while and enjoy. It's hard to cut down the haze. Best bet would probably to try a cold winter day.

There was one time that I went up to snowboard and the city below was covered in fog. But up on the mountain it was perfectly clear. It was like you were on a cloud castle! I'm aching to get a photo of that but it hasn't happened since.

19. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Excellent series and very nice night shots!

20. Sweet, I had a bit lesser version of that happen before. Though From Grouse it would have looked waay more amazing because of the wide field of view you can get!
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.