Vancouver, Pano's only!

Went to Vancouver for 5 days, awesome weather for pictures so here they are!

This thread is panoramics ONLY, I took quite a few while I was there, and these are some of my favorites!

First few are all Infrared, taken with a modified D70, Last ones are Taken with the D300, and mostly the Sigma 10-20mm.
The pics include Vancouver and the backroute there (Spences Bridge, Lytton, Lillooet, Pemberton, Whistler and Squamish)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Excellent panos!! Very nicely done.
Especially the tree pano! I would have never thought about doing that.

The only nitpick I have is some of the building look like they will topple. :D

Excellent panos!! Very nicely done.
Especially the tree pano! I would have never thought about doing that.

The only nitpick I have is some of the building look like they will topple. :D
Ya I wasn't sure how to fix that without skewing the other buildings, So I just left it :)

The Tree pano if you ever try one like it, works best at 14mm (x1.5 crop) That way you can get 3:1 and keep just enough ground in the pictures.

Wow!! What can I add that hasn't already been said. These are absolutely gorgeous! I total agree with TstarJ about learning how to make these kind of photos. Two thumbs up!!!

Making a panorama is very easy to do nowadays.

Creating works of art like you have in these images is truly an accomplishment !

Congrats !

Thanks again! It has taken me a couple of years to get comfortable shooting and visualizing panoramics, But now it feels like everywhere I go I want to shoot one :)

Very nice. I like the one you did from Grouse, I posted one a while back too, but that was taken back when there was snow.
Ya I remembered that! Your post is half the reason I went up to Grouse Mountain! I hadn't realized that there was such a good view of the city from there.

I took the shot with my IR camera to help cut through the haze hence why its B+W. Even though I went up on a day with the least haze, it was still enough to make the pictures a little flat.

Ya I remembered that! Your post is half the reason I went up to Grouse Mountain! I hadn't realized that there was such a good view of the city from there.

I took the shot with my IR camera to help cut through the haze hence why its B+W. Even though I went up on a day with the least haze, it was still enough to make the pictures a little flat.
Wow, cool. I just love the view from up there. On nice days while coming down the main run, I'll just stop and sit there for a while and enjoy. It's hard to cut down the haze. Best bet would probably to try a cold winter day.

There was one time that I went up to snowboard and the city below was covered in fog. But up on the mountain it was perfectly clear. It was like you were on a cloud castle! I'm aching to get a photo of that but it hasn't happened since.

Wow, cool. I just love the view from up there. On nice days while coming down the main run, I'll just stop and sit there for a while and enjoy. It's hard to cut down the haze. Best bet would probably to try a cold winter day.

There was one time that I went up to snowboard and the city below was covered in fog. But up on the mountain it was perfectly clear. It was like you were on a cloud castle! I'm aching to get a photo of that but it hasn't happened since.
Sweet, I had a bit lesser version of that happen before. Though From Grouse it would have looked waay more amazing because of the wide field of view you can get!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom