Vanilla-White Hot Chocolate

I look forward to trying this flavor of hot chocolate that is new to me, though I expect it will be too sweet for my taste.

Mike 2021-03-01--0004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo of the Setup
The small lamp was small enough and low enough that it cast a shadow on the far side of the mound of white chocolate. That shadow helped define the shape of the mound. The other lamp was large enough and high enough that it lit the right side of the mug and tabletop and the rear of the tabletop. Seven focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus using its default settings.
Mike 2021-03-01--0005-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Again you lighting skills are on display! I also like the cup and background choices..............

Thanks, Binnur!

I just wonder if it would look any better with a dark BG like brown.

There is no doubt in my mind that using a brown tabletop, which would be more traditional, would work well. I chose the white one partly because I was in the mood to make an image that is close to white on white and partly because I was in the mood to present the subject in a less traditional style.

Real Name
Dan
Nicely set up and captured, Mike. I've never heard of hot cocoa made with white chocolate. But it sounds good. I love white chocolate. Though as you say getting past the visual effect might be a challenge.

Thanks, Dan!

hot cocoa made with white chocolate

I can't figure out whether it's hot chocolate made with cocoa, hot chocolate made with white chocolate, or as you mention, hot cocoa made with white chocolate. The company that sells it calls it white hot chocolate made with 36% white chocolate. They also call it high-cacao white chocolate.

Real Name
Dan
I can't figure out whether it's hot chocolate made with cocoa, hot chocolate made with white chocolate, or as you mention, hot cocoa made with white chocolate. The company that sells it calls it white hot chocolate made with 36% white chocolate. They also call it high-cacao white chocolate.
Starting to sound like the discussion about percent crop :eek: My technical brain reads white hot.... chocolate. As in some REALLY hot chocolate. So I re-worded it to something that in my mind doesn't sound like it will scorch the inside of your mouth :D

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom