Variants of LLD

I have come to the conclusion there are different strains of LLD, most seem to lust after something for a long duration, mine on the other hand is spontaneous and totally uncontrollable. I had put a PM on a lens for sale in this site and was not quick enough well all day the urge grew within until it it overcame all my senses.
I broke down and bought.....the "Beast" from a local dealer got a great deal and they were running a "No sales tax" so it saved me some $$$$. Well taking it down to the beach house this weekend adn will give it a work out. Well the beast is a very good name for this gem it is built like a tank and from testing it in the store is just what the doctor ordered.

As with all diseases they can be traced back to a root cause... I have come to the conclusion that this seed was sewn by no other than Uncle Frank himself and is ton upon ton of incredible photos from this lens.

Will post soon and Franks thanks... I mean that :wink:

Yep, I am selling all lenses purchased on impulse so I can get the beast...must have the beast! :twisted:

Okay, to be honest, I have narrowed down my lens kit and found that I can finally part with a few of them....then I can purchase the beast! :twisted:

Hey, Mike -- that bug gets around -- I've got a 70-200 f2.8 VR and a 12-24 f4 from similar infections! Welcome to the club!

jfrancis said:
OK . . . I have to ask . . .what is so special about "The Beast"?

If you want pro-glass for the normal range, you only have 3 choices... the 35-70/2.8, 17-55/2.8, or 28-70/2.8. The 35-70 doesn't have a wide end, and is a slow focuser. The 17-55 is the sharpest of the group at full aperture, but some of us consider it a scooch short on the tele end for people pics. The 28-70 is the fastest focuser of the three (it was designed for event and pj work), has the right range for people pics, and gives beautiful results from tip to tip. It's long been known as the "wedding photographer's lens", and is regarded as one of Nikon's classic lenses.

But there's nothing subtle about it. It's huge, heavy, and expensive... which is why we've dubbed it The Beast. It would fit perfectly between your 12-24 and 70-200, if you have the back for it :wink:

mike mac said:
As with all diseases they can be traced back to a root cause... I have come to the conclusion that this seed was sewn by no other than Uncle Frank himself and is ton upon ton of incredible photos from this lens.

Congratulations! In light of the quality of your work, I'm particularly flattered, Mike. I'm sure you'll make great use of The Beast, and will keep a sharp eye out for your pics 8).

Latest threads

Top Bottom