Various Song Birds in Alaska

Excellent set. nuthatch is also one of my favourites. They are usually the first to the feeders even when other species are nervous about my presence when putting out seed. Fearless little guys...but....don't sit still for very long
I agree. But they sure are messy, wasteful feeders—dropping a lot on the ground. The squirrels and ground feeders (Juncos, sparrows) love 'em for that. In contrast, Lesser Goldfinches and Kinglets are well-mannered, dainty eaters.

I agree with everyone above, Dan - just terrific. "Our" juncos have headed back north, and they are harbingers of winter for us. You are spot on with the Wilson's Warbler ID - that black cap is a good field mark. I enjoy Red-breasted Nuthatches too, although I can only spy them occasionally., and I've never been able to photograph one nearly as well as yours here.

Real Name
Dan
...they sure are messy, wasteful feeders...
Not messy. Just selective. The stuff on the ground doesn't meet their exacting standard.
Great set Dan! I love them all.
Thanks, Binnur. Glad you enjoyed them.
I agree with everyone above, Dan - just terrific. "Our" juncos have headed back north, and they are harbingers of winter for us. You are spot on with the Wilson's Warbler ID - that black cap is a good field mark. I enjoy Red-breasted Nuthatches too, although I can only spy them occasionally., and I've never been able to photograph one nearly as well as yours here.
Thanks, Eric. If they come this way we'll try and take care of them.
marvelous set of images, each of them is excellent
Thanks, Brian.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom