Various wildflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Apr 16, 2017.

1. It has been a fantastic week for wildflowers in our corner of the world. The warm February followed by a cold March has compressed the blooming season so that everything seems to be blooming at once. My wife and I have been out in the woods and glades every day since Monday.

Here are a few from today only.

1. Wood anemone
    [​IMG]

2. Fringed polygala
    [​IMG]

3. Perfoliate bellwort
    [​IMG]

4. Columbine
    [​IMG]

5. Fire pink
    [​IMG]

6. Dwarf iris
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Beauties, Jim...! :)

3. Ah spring! You capture those so well Jim.

4. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Nice Jim! We've been getting warm afternoons, so the snow is deflating, but it will still be about a month and a half before any flowers bloom here. We now have 15 hours 20 minutes of sunshine, and it is light from 5:30 AM until 10:30 PM. We are gaining 7 minutes/day of sunlight.

5. More beauties Jim!

6. Nicely captured evidence of spring new growth. I love that you name each one....not that I will remember but ...

7. Thanks, guys. I just record what nature provides.

8. Thanks, Steve. You have beautiful scenery up there, but I'm glad our growing season is a bit longer.:)

9. Thanks, Mike.

Thanks, Bob. My wife is a walking encyclopedia of wildflowers and she insists on naming and captioning all of our flower photos.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  10. Terrific work as usual, Jim! And Beth's expertise is a very good complement to your photography.:D

11. Thanks, Eric. Actually, it started out the other way. I got into DSLR photography back in 2005 to help her get better pictures of wildflowers.

12. You probably mentioned that to me earlier, Jim; in any case, the two of you constitute a formidable and admirable team.