Veery

Not the best shot in the Ive taken but the best of this bird. Conditions were really dark and cloudy and this little fella was in the undergrowth, where this species almost always stays. I do like the bokeh and mood of the photo though and it's a first for this species for me.
8703628680_8352ab85ec_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Veery by cre8foru2009, on Flickr

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
At least the bird chose a great background for you! LOL! And this one ain't all that bad!

Now that you have this one, you can always work toward getting a better one!

At least the bird chose a great background for you! LOL! And this one ain't all that bad!

Now that you have this one, you can always work toward getting a better one!

Yep. I'll be going back.

Real Name
Dan
When it's a first timer I'm happy with what I can get. This one is a lot better than some of my firsts. Congrats.

Hard bird to find let alone photograph...great job! I must ask...with your migrant shots...is there a specfic area you go during peak mirgration to find these? We have a few local hot spots for migrant birds...but they are so packed with birders I seldom set up for photography there. Just curious...

Hard bird to find let alone photograph...great job! I must ask...with your migrant shots...is there a specfic area you go during peak mirgration to find these? We have a few local hot spots for migrant birds...but they are so packed with birders I seldom set up for photography there. Just curious...

I have a few favorite spots. We have a birder's listserv where people post sightings of birds and I check that for info.

Under those conditions it looks like you nailed it. Not much more you can do.Very nice.

Ed

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom