Vegas Baby

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by nu2scene, Aug 11, 2008.

1. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    2752764087_ace9b9f074_o.jpg

I just got back from visiting in Vegas. While staying at my friend's condo I took some pictures off the balcony. I decided to try to my hand at shooting a panorama after seeing his great view. This was my first time trying a pano. The final pano is the result of something like 12 shots, put together by Elements.

I just brought my little P&S Canon powershot, to avoid all the airport commotion. Now I wish I had brought a better camera. So after seeing the results, I now have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with.

First off, what do you think of the result?
    Second, since it was taken with a P&S with 7MP's would the resulting picture be any good printed as a panorama? I was thinking of having it printed and giving it to my friend to put in his condo. In Elements it says it will be something like 13"X53". Do you think it would reproduce well?

If it would actually work, where could I get something like this printed? I looked at Mpix, but didn't see anything about panos.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

2. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Bigger, we want it bigger :biggrin:

Top shot, but maybe a colour cast to it ??

3. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Thanks Bright Angel. Now that you mention it, it might have a blue cast to it. After the pano was made I thought it might have been a bit too yellow, and I also was looking at the sky as I added the blue. Maybe I took it a bit too far.

4. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Rob,

great pano. Thanks for sharing.

5. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for looking Matthias.

6. Jeez, where did all the skyscrapers come from...don't they know there was a housing implosion???
    It's always amazing how Vegas constantly is in transition. If you haven't been there in two years, you haven't been there.

7. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hehe.....yea. There's a ton of construction going on. The part in the center with the cranes on it is going to be called City Center I think. It's going to be a huge complex. A mall and 4 or 5 condo hotel buildings. The round things on the bottom are going to be pools.