1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Sunday I photographed what they call the Super Bowl.
    For those that don't know what a velodrome is, it is a large high banked bowl that bicycles race around.
    One of the hardest things for me has been to show the high banks and I think maybe Sunday I finally think I might have accomplished that. Mostly because I use my Tokina 12-24.

Here are a few of the shots from Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Like your perspective and yes it does show off the high banks of the Velodrome. Those races are all about strategy and raw power, makine them fun to watch.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

They are a lot of fun to photograph too.. even more fun walking from top down to the center on the track.. That is very steep...
    I also took some picture standing on the track today during the time trials.. talk about a strange place to be...
    Glad you liked the photos...

4. papa85

papa85 Guest

That would have to be scarry to ride a bike on, you would have to take it slow in the beginning. It does show how steep it is. Looks like you did what you started out to do. :smile:

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I guess you have to ride at least 18 mph on the track to keep from falling off. (at this track).
    They were talking about a track in London Ont. that is indoors that is much steeper than this one, I guess it is very scary to ride on.

6. Dave,

Last one is Spectacular ! Cover shot IMO

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Jay.. I like it a lot too