1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

velvia does landscapes (d700 is retired for now)

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by bestfromnw, Jul 30, 2009.

1. I'm in love again! i forgot how pleasant velvia colors are. i wish the film would drop in price at my local retailer! they charge $8 per roll!!! oh well i think its worth it!!!

3750865910_0c1b382711_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3750074517_9e82bf0013_o.jpg

3750865588_bdc2739935_o.jpg

there's much more but i dont want to spam the board with them lol. i got at least 34 keepers lol - i definately own it to film since slide film makes you really careful when it comes down to exposure and makes you think about your composition more :474:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Really nice Roman! The colors, especially of the last two, are out of this world! The water is so wet!

3. That's what I am talking about colors magnificently captured.

Thanks.

4. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Wow.
    Beautiful.
    I've just handed in a roll of Velvia to the lab, but I didn't shoot anything as exciting as this.
    Awesome textures as well, it's not just the colour. You just *know* what it's going to feel like to put your hand on those mossy rocks in number two...

5. Have yet to try this film, is Freestyle better prices? Would think so, love the greens
    and blues in these.

6. Doesn't get much better than number 2. Nice set. I'm going try this film.

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Ahh good old Creamy Velvia!! Nice!

8. Oh.., I agree, this are very nice pictures and colours!
    I thougth I would stick to b&w, but now I´m tempted to try some colorfilm and a day at the botanical garden.

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Great stuff, I've not put any Velvia through the F301 for ages

10. Wow, the Velvia really is meant for those blues and greens.

11. thank you guys! it also handles orrange very well. i have some sunset shots that are awesome!!!
    000.jpg

12. Nice, is that Haystack Rock?

13. August 1, 2009

To the Photographers with Images on this posting:

Excellent images. I think that Velvia (ISO 50) will be a good substitute film when Kodachrome 64 disappears in the next year. These images are just absolutely amazing and they show that Velvia produces results that are just as good as Kodachrome 64.

There are two other versions of Velvia type slide films from Fuji, Fuji Fortia 50 and Fuji Fortia SP, if any photographers on this posting can get some of those and shoot them up and post the images, I would be interested in seeing them. Unfortunately, these two other slide films from Fuji are not available in the USA. Fuji Fortia 50 and Fortia SP appear to be "souped up" versions of Velvia. Fuji Fortia SP apparently is designed to photograph cherry blossoms and the SP appears to stand for "spring".

Again, my congratulations to the photographers for taking such great images and thank you for sharing them with your other fellow photographers. By the way, Velvia is a contraction of two words, Velvet and Media, and this bit of trivia I read in one of Galen Rowell's books.

Steve Zalewski
    Syracuse Camera Club Member
    Syracuse, NY

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
  14. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    You can get those Fuji films from Japan Exposures when they are available. Not sure if they are at present. I did buy ten rolls of Fortia last year, shot a few, gave one away. I still have it in my freezer, will probably use it this fall for a project I have cooking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.