velvia does landscapes (d700 is retired for now)

I'm in love again! i forgot how pleasant velvia colors are. i wish the film would drop in price at my local retailer! they charge $8 per roll!!! oh well i think its worth it!!!

3750865910_0c1b382711_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3750074517_9e82bf0013_o.jpg

3750865588_bdc2739935_o.jpg

there's much more but i dont want to spam the board with them lol. i got at least 34 keepers lol - i definately own it to film since slide film makes you really careful when it comes down to exposure and makes you think about your composition more :474:

Wow.
Beautiful.
I've just handed in a roll of Velvia to the lab, but I didn't shoot anything as exciting as this.
Awesome textures as well, it's not just the colour. You just *know* what it's going to feel like to put your hand on those mossy rocks in number two...

D

Deleted member 960

Have yet to try this film, is Freestyle better prices? Would think so, love the greens
and blues in these.

Oh.., I agree, this are very nice pictures and colours!
I thougth I would stick to b&w, but now I´m tempted to try some colorfilm and a day at the botanical garden.

thank you guys! it also handles orrange very well. i have some sunset shots that are awesome!!!
000.jpg

August 1, 2009

To the Photographers with Images on this posting:

Excellent images. I think that Velvia (ISO 50) will be a good substitute film when Kodachrome 64 disappears in the next year. These images are just absolutely amazing and they show that Velvia produces results that are just as good as Kodachrome 64.

There are two other versions of Velvia type slide films from Fuji, Fuji Fortia 50 and Fuji Fortia SP, if any photographers on this posting can get some of those and shoot them up and post the images, I would be interested in seeing them. Unfortunately, these two other slide films from Fuji are not available in the USA. Fuji Fortia 50 and Fortia SP appear to be "souped up" versions of Velvia. Fuji Fortia SP apparently is designed to photograph cherry blossoms and the SP appears to stand for "spring".

Again, my congratulations to the photographers for taking such great images and thank you for sharing them with your other fellow photographers. By the way, Velvia is a contraction of two words, Velvet and Media, and this bit of trivia I read in one of Galen Rowell's books.

Steve Zalewski
Syracuse Camera Club Member
Syracuse, NY

Last edited by a moderator:
August 1, 2009

To the Photographers with Images on this posting:

Excellent images. I think that Velvia (ISO 50) will be a good substitute film when Kodachrome 64 disappears in the next year. These images are just absolutely amazing and they show that Velvia produces results that are just as good as Kodachrome 64.

There are two other versions of Velvia type slide films from Fuji, Fuji Fortia 50 and Fuji Fortia SP, if any photographers on this posting can get some of those and shoot them up and post the images, I would be interested in seeing them. Unfortunately, these two other slide films from Fuji are not available in the USA. Fuji Fortia 50 and Fortia SP appear to be "souped up" versions of Velvia. Fuji Fortia SP apparently is designed to photograph cherry blossoms and the SP appears to stand for "spring".

Again, my congratulations to the photographers for taking such great images and thank you for sharing them with your other fellow photographers. By the way, Velvia is a contraction of two words, Velvet and Media, and this bit of trivia I read in one of Galen Rowell's books.

Steve Zalewski
Syracuse Camera Club Member
Syracuse, NY

You can get those Fuji films from Japan Exposures when they are available. Not sure if they are at present. I did buy ten rolls of Fortia last year, shot a few, gave one away. I still have it in my freezer, will probably use it this fall for a project I have cooking.

Latest threads

Top Bottom