Venice 2010

A few reworked from Venice in 2010. Camera then was an Olympus E510. Converted using LR6 + Silver Efex Pro 2.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Venice 2010 mono/1 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/5 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/7 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/8 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/10 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/15 by warth man, on Flickr

Venice 2010 mono/17 by warth man, on Flickr

Very nice set!
Interesting series, and well processed! I love the variety you have captured.
Looks great in BW. Place has been in the news lately with those cruise ships creating havoc.
Thank you Binnur, Dossy, West. I'm glad I've been there but I definitely wouldn't enjoy it as much "in season". It's a fascinating place for taking your time and exploring. One or two cruise ships appeared then too but not as "in your face" as they seem to be now and perhaps not as big. Certainly they didn't hit anything. Here's one:

48344135556_55bd39b733_h.jpg
Venice 2010 mono / 18 by warth man, on Flickr

So many trite and clichéd photos of Venice are in circulation, but these are unique.
I have those too Bill. Thanks for your comment.

However these are unique - my wife's hands and arm after mosquitos did their work in the hotel room overnight. It had become unusually warm for that time of year but the hotel management refused to switch the aircon on "because they didn't do that until June." So against our better judgement we opened the window...… Sort of got our own back a little because the following day I bought a swat and left lots of bodies all over the walls of the room.

48346584696_bbfa3fa0cc_b.jpg
Venice 2010 / 20 by warth man, on Flickr

48346584501_0427186d79_b.jpg
Venice 2010 / 19 by warth man, on Flickr

It took weeks for these bites to (almost) disappear but my wife still carries some faint marks to this day.

Looks like a severe allergic reaction.
I guess not all mosquitos are the same. I once had half my hand severely swollen by a single mosquito bite in a forest in France. Needed a doctors visit to get better.

Looks like a severe allergic reaction.
I guess not all mosquitos are the same. I once had half my hand severely swollen by a single mosquito bite in a forest in France. Needed a doctors visit to get better.
I get bitten by skitters all the time while camping. Never seen anything like that.
I was bitten too but my body didn't react like this. Normally we're the other way round; my wife is relatively unaffected and I'm like Bart - often my entire hand/wrist/arm swells up from one bite. That applies especially to horse fly bites. And I'm convinced that all the midges in Scotland just wait for me to get up there.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom