Venice Rookery

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Some shots from the Venice Rookery. This is a great place for GBH but also while I was there I saw Glossy Ibis, Anhinga, White Ibis, LGH and those are just the ones I was able to recogonize.

They were prepared for nesting, so it was quite active at times. Well here are a few of the many photos taken while I was there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shot with D2H, 500mm.

louie

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding shots Louie. It looks like your Florida trip is gonna produce a goodly number of keepers and wall-hangers.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful shots.
    Were you able to hook up with Gaye. She doesn't live to far from there, I believe.

4. Thanks for the compliments. Coming from those that always post such great shots is appreciated.

No Gale I wasn't able to meet up with anyone down in Venice. We were staying with friends and were only there for two days. Our days had been pretty much planned out, so I was up and gone before anyone else in the house to go do some shooting and back by the time everyone was up.

I love Seattle, but Florida is wonderful for bird shooting. You never know??

5. These are all very nice, Louie! This is one place I haven't visited yet but hope to one of these days this coming season!

6. Louie, you are going to get spoiled and now our birds will never look the same. You did a great job on all of these. Keep them coming.

7. Thanks Jim. Oh, I have plenty more, I just hope I don't over do it with the postings. Speaking of our birds, we have to get up North before long and have you show me what's going on up there.

8. Great shots Louis, thanks for posting.

Makes me want something longer than a 70-200VR.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Another good set Louie. And don't worry about too many posts. Not likely that we'll get tired of shots like these. :smile:

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Love the two double shots
    but all are outstanding.