Venise

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Perreault, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Perreault

Perreault

Nov 24, 2006
    Here are a few of my favorites from our trip to Venice in August. What a wonderful place. We were there for five days before taking the ferry to Pula, Croatia.

Do not hesitate to comment.

If you want to see more photos from my trip to venice: http://web.mac.com/yvesperr/Site/Venise_2008.html

Yves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Yves, this is a very colourful and striking set of images. Mes compliments!

3. Yves, what a great series. It is many years since I have been to Venice, but I want to pack and go NOW! Thanks for sharing these.

4. VERY nice series Yves! and I enjoy it very much. It looks like you wandered quite a bit off the tourist area huh :smile: Venice and Bruges are my most favorite towns in Europe.

5. trahanw

trahanw Guest

Great Job--Brought me back down memory lane. Thanks. Lived in Italy for 3 years, the best years of our lives. Didn't see very many of San Macro's square. Where you there during carnavale'. Chow...........Italy is such a simple life. It's almost a step back in time with the culture and atmosphere. Boy do I miss it. Thank you for sharing

6. Perreault

Perreault

Nov 24, 2006
    Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to comment and your kind words.

Trung, Belgium and Bruges are on my list of places I want to go.

Wade, we were in Venice in august, the Carnival is in the winter. It must be completely different.

7. The photographer's dream !

:wink:
    J-P.

8. I love Venise ! Though the light is often quite difficult to master... and there's allways too many people (tourists) !

The images i prefer are the one shot on Burano Island ! What a colorful place !

:smile:
    J-P.

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Great stuff, I love the vivid colours
    It's a lovely city and must be a joy to photograph

10. wonderful photos!!! I must get over there for vacation sometime. I had to pass it over on my honeymoon so now I need to make it a priority next time I go that way.

Question: I love the photo of the boys running! How did you take the photo?

11. Perreault

Perreault

Nov 24, 2006
    Thanks again for the comments!

Jose, I took this photo of my two boys running on Piazza San Marco. They were triying to scare the pidgeons. They were running toward me and I took many photos with my D300 set on continuous low (4 images/sec.). While I took the photos, I zoomed out with my 18-200. A lot of these photos are rubbish but this one is very good.

Jean-Pierre, I loved Burano. Wonderful colors and not many tourists.

12. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Yves,
    Great images! Looks like you got into the neighborhoods, too - something we didn't have time to do when we were there. You have a great variety of shots here, the one of the boys running toward you is excellent. There is something special about the light in that city, don't you think?

Ken