Venom in Viera...

This was tough. Before sunrise today I came across this young Cottonmouth Moccasin at the Viera Wetlands. It still has the juvenile pattern and it's about 2 feet long. The D300 ain't known for high iso shooting so I popped up the flash ('left the SB800 at home) and shot these. Come to think of it, I've never used the pop up flash before. This is one my my favorite venomous snakes. Unfortunately it would not hang around for the sunlight.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dude, you're a true nature photographer. You run into a poisonous snake in the dark and your biggest worry is figuring out how to get enough light for a shot? :eek:

Never under sell your built in flash. People never test theit equiment to learn what it can do. My big gripe with the on bord flash is the shadows you get from the lens up close. I do lots of low light and night stuff using the camera flash. Go out tonight, just walk around the yard and do some test shots. You will come back into the house with a new tool in your toy box. That snake is going to get to see a gator from the inside out some day.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom