Verizon-Iphone WIFI question.

Now that Verizon finally offers it I may get one. What I really like is that my contact list (clients) will be on it ready to go. Now my question is if I elect not to subscribe to a data plan will I still be able to get online via free wifi?

The reason I ask is that I really have no pressing need to get on when not at home and the few times I have was with the Ipod a couple times a year at a hotel room.

If Verizon is like ATT, they will not sell you an iPhone unless you sign up for a data plan.

I looked into this a few days ago, With the 3 major carriers you have to have a data plan if your phone is a smartphone. I have an old att iphone and a Sprint htc hero. I was hoping to use one of them in a voice only plan.

We have both Iphone4 in AT&T and Verizon varieties in my house. Yes regular wi-fi when at home is not a problem. I'm not sure about not subscribing to their data plan though.

I looked into this a few days ago, With the 3 major carriers you have to have a data plan if your phone is a smartphone. I have an old att iphone and a Sprint htc hero. I was hoping to use one of them in a voice only plan.

Well, looks like they are out of a sale. Thanks everyone for confirming what I was afraid of. I guess I'll stick to looking up clients phone on Ipod and dialing with my other phone. lol

Actually, there is an option if you aren't a technophobe - buying an unlocked, jailbroken iPhone. Pick up the iPhone off eBay and insert your own SIM card and keep on trucking! You won't be able to access a 3G network (iirc), but you would still have the iPhone telephone plus the wifi capability...

Jailbreaking is no longer illegal as per new EU regulations...

Latest threads

Top Bottom