Vermont Barn (scanned)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Joe Marques, Feb 5, 2005.

1. I'm finally getting around to scanning some old images with my Nikon Coolscan V. I'm very pleased with the quality - especially Digital Ice 4 (makes quick work of dust and scratches).

This shot is about 9 years old. Shot with my N90, 20 2.8D and Fuji Velvia 50. I forgot what it was like shooting slide film and not being able to check the LCD for exposure. :D

Comments always welcome, thanks for looking.

Joe

2. ahh those Velvia colors! Beautiful!

I think I will make scanning my slides my retirement project...that should take up thirty years or so :lol:

3. Thanks Janet. At 1-1 1/2 minutes per slide 30 years might not be enough time. :D

Joe

4. Hi Joe, good to hear from you. Your scanned slide image really looks good. I keep threatening to do the same thing as I have tons of slides that no one will ever do anything with unless converted.

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Beautiful shot Joe! I agree with Janet on the colors.

6. Hi Gordon. Glad to be here - troll free and full of good people. :) You really should consider scanning. It's tedious but worth the effort.

7. Thanks very much Craig. The color is why I like the D2H so much. It reminds me of Velvia.

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Joe, I keep coming back to this picture since you posted it. I have to say I really like, look forward to seeing more.

9. Thank you very much Todd. I'm enjoying the change of pace from digital shooting with the "scanning project" which will probably take weeks given the number of images I need to scan.