Vermont Wildflowers

I took a drive through Central Vermont yesterday in search of landscapes (soon to be posted in another thread) and wildflowers. I've experimented with different post-processing and the use of several plug-ins, so I would appreciate any comments as to whether you like these or whether they are overdone.

Also, since I know nothing about identifying wildflowers (I just shoot what looks pleasing to me), any help with naming these flowers would also be appreciated.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. OK - Not exactly a flower/insect/greenery, but here it is anyway. I know that they're mushrooms. :biggrin:

Thanks!

Great shots. What special lighting if any were you using?
Thanks, Paul.

Actually, there was no special lighting used at all. These images were all shot in natural light. (I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flash photography, but that's another topic.....)

All were processed using various combinations of Nik Color Efex filters, and the reflections were created using the "Flood" plug-in for Photoshop.

I'm glad that you like the results! :smile:

Real Name
Mike
Good job on these Bert. Although #2 and #3 don't appear as "natural", I like the reflective effect.

First looks like one of the Viburnums, second looks like Three-flowered aven and the third a Fleabane, perhaps.

I don't like the treatment of 2 and 3, but that's just me

Larry

Great job Bert!
Good job on these Bert. Although #2 and #3 don't appear as "natural", I like the reflective effect.
Thanks, guys!

First looks like one of the Viburnums, second looks like Three-flowered aven and the third a Fleabane, perhaps.

I don't like the treatment of 2 and 3, but that's just me

Larry
Thanks for the ID's, Larry. Different strokes for different strokes, I guess. :smile:

I like them, I think the flood treatment makes them interesting, you look at them longer. My first thought was of all the flooding and rain that we've been having. I thought the first one might be a climbing hydrangea, but I doubt the last is a mushroom, at least the kind you can eat. Fungus of some sort, there are so many.

But I really like 3. Thank goodness we all have different tastes.
Thanks, Tom. Indeed we do.

I like them, I think the flood treatment makes them interesting, you look at them longer. My first thought was of all the flooding and rain that we've been having. I thought the first one might be a climbing hydrangea, but I doubt the last is a mushroom, at least the kind you can eat. Fungus of some sort, there are so many.
Thanks, Irma. I think that you might be correct about the first one. All I know is that they seem to be everywhere along roadsides in Vermont.

And don't worry about the last one. I had no intention of eating it! :biggrin:

Very nice, I like the tone of these...!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom