veronica mars shoots an "ikon"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Oct 13, 2005.

1. I was touring the site on my laptop and looked up to see the girl on the TV show "Veronica Mars" shooting candids with what looked like a D70 and a big lens. What was funny was the fact that they blacked out the N in Nikon leaving the brand name "ikon". Hmmmm "ikon" sounds like "Icon" pretty good name for a camera! Interesting how you notice camera's in TV and movies once you start to think about them all the time.

Yes this post proves that I have nothing better to do than watch tv while posting on the internet. :biggrin:

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi matt-

she had a coolpix last season (yeah it's a guilty pleasure hehe!). now she has a dslr with a big lens (80-200?).

ricky

3. Hi Matt, Ikon is indeed a very famous name (in the old days) in photography. And it's coming back with a rangefinder camera and some lenses.
    http://www.zeissikon.com/about.htm

4. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

It's gotta be a copyright/product placement thing...

I've seen music videos where the musicians black out the instrument brand name.

5. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    Yep, I had a Zeiss Ikon some time ago...

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Still use an Ikophot light meter - it's at least twenty years old and still going strong.