1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Verrazano-Narrows Bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ptchfork, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Brian,
    This is superb. Is there any filter used to produce the star effect?
    A fabulous sight.
    Also, Is it the moon in the sky there?

Thanks
    ps. You website has some great images.

2. I think its stupid but did you know its illegal to shoot the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge? As you approach bridge going towards Staten Island you'll see the signs. Not sure if they took down the signs. Nice shot!

Anthony

3. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Sam - thanks very much!! There was no filter used, I didn't discover the star effects until I got home. The only thing I can think of is the moisture in the air, it was very humid that night. And yes, that is the moon above it, and a passing ship below it.

Anthony - I don't know if it's illegal to photograph bridges & tunnels (The signs you mention are at every river crossing) I think the illegal part is photographing the entrances, and the police set ups there.

This shot was taken in the park below the bridge, where there are no signs, and thousands of pictures are taken every year.

You can pretty much shoot any NYC bridge the streets or a nearby park without a problem. I took some Brooklyn Bridge ones last week, but weren't happy with them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.