Verrazzano Bridge At Night

I decided to go out near the bridge and get a little more practice taking night shots. I really don't like how much flare i got in some of the shots. Can anyone give me some tips on how to reduce it a bit? It reallys annoys me. Overall i think the pics came out decent.

I used my Nikon d60 with the 18-55mm for these shots. I want to go back and get better shots once i am able to pick up a sigma 10-20mm. A wider lens would of come in real handy.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In this shot a street lamp cause the flaring on the right.

Please feel free to give me tips and advice on what i could have done to make these shots better.

Ro

Nice, I really like 1 and 3. The last one is nice but the barricade ruins it for me.

Nice captures......I like the color of the sky in the first image and I like the reflection of the bridge lights in the second image..........can you try to merge both images and see what the final result gives? I agree with Lincoln with the barricade. By the way it looks like you took these from Fort Hamilton......yes? Another good place to take pictures of the bridge and the harbor is at Fort Wadsworth (on the Staten Island side).

Nice captures......I like the color of the sky in the first image and I like the reflection of the bridge lights in the second image..........can you try to merge both images and see what the final result gives? I agree with Lincoln with the barricade. By the way it looks like you took these from Fort Hamilton......yes? Another good place to take pictures of the bridge and the harbor is at Fort Wadsworth (on the Staten Island side).
Thanks for the tips. I really haven't experimented with merging images yet. I took these shots at fort wadsworth, I live about 10 mins away.

Just a dose of reality but that bridge is subject to a 911 photography prohibition. If you photograph it from Port Authority property, one of their thugs, er police, will come by and arrest you for trespassing. I read a report of this happening recently. To answer your question, make sure you are not on Port Authority property.

Just a dose of reality but that bridge is subject to a 911 photography prohibition. If you photograph it from Port Authority property, one of their thugs, er police, will come by and arrest you for trespassing. I read a report of this happening recently. To answer your question, make sure you are not on Port Authority property.
Well the property i was on belongs to the National Park Service. A bridge and tunnel authority actually saw me walking with my camera and tripod and said nothing to me. There are signs that say it is prohibited while you drive through the bridge.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom