Very cold morning at the harbour

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, Nov 26, 2005.

1. In Thunder Bay...this time of year the cold creates a low lying mist/fog on the lake... creates a image of cold...only 16 below zero celcius!

[​IMG]

Where have all the boats gone?
    [​IMG]

Lonely lighthouse

[​IMG]

Bohdan (call be Bob)

2. Ewwww....how I remember those days! Great shots but the last of the lighthouse is fabulous!!!

3. Thanks Kevin..it was cold...Dragged my better half out with me as my tripod bearer...she loved it...then we went for breakfast.

Bohdan Bob

4. Bob, very nice images, esp the lighthouse! Yes, I hear you're getting some nasty temps early in the season. Makes for great shots but it's tough on the fingers and toes!
    I like the effect of the barren trees in the first one. Nice mood.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful.

But way to cold for life :>))

6. Nice shots Bohdan, particularly #3. Looks like you got a serious cold spell going there! I used to come to TBay frequently on business, capping off a day's work with dinner at the White Fox Inn (if it is still there!), although the dining room at the Valhallah was pretty good also. On #1 that must be the big plume from the Bowater mill that just shows in the pic - it is the first thing you see as you fly into TBay...thanks for bringin back some memories.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great images, Bob. I have wanted to shoot a similar image along the Lake Michigan shoreline shooting southward from North Avenue Beach toward the Chicago skyline...but I have yet to find the guts to bundle up adequately and brave the frigid temperatures. Maybe this winter?!?!?!?

8. thanks Sandi....You guys were supposed to get some snow this weekend ...did it
    come? My mom in Hamilton says they got lucky,.

Bob

9. Thanks Gale...yes it was beautiful....not that cold...wait till winter comes..16 below is still balmy...there was even a poor duck hanging around the harbour, submerging it's head every 10 -15 seconds...no doubt to keep warm!

bob

10. Thanks for responding Fritz...yes the White fox is still there...food is still good.
    Valhallah has some great Sunday brunches...with a touch of elegance of course.
    We do most of are arbitrations/ negotiations at the Valhalla.

Bohdan Bob

11. Thanks Frank....wasn't that cold...my bette half was there to hand me lens, tripod if needed...One thing I learned the vr worked fine even at subzero temps - these were hand held.

Bob

12. ...roll on summer...beautiful images but cold!

13. Thanks Phil... not that cold...how is it in New Zealand?

A friend of my wifes lives there seasonally...I'll give you one guess as to which season he and his wife stay away from Thunder Bay

Bob