Very strange...

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Elf_8, May 2, 2005.

1. OK, I dare this one only as an experiment.
    Here's how it goes : I took an ordinary picture and another with a Hoya R72 IR filter on. I converted the IR into B&W, and the regular colour one into Lab mode. I then replaced the Lightness channel of the former by pasting in the B&W IR version. Very strange...
    I'll keep playing around with the idea of mixing IR and colour versions of the same subject. If you have any novelties of your own, perhaps you could share them ?
    [​IMG]

2. Christian, I really enjoy your work. Very impressive!! :D :D :D

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is quite interesting.

Except for the white trees in background, not sure I would know if it was ir combined. Interesting colors.

Keep posting as you experiment.

Interesting effect.

4. Thanks. I do have two or three sets of two shots, one regular, one IR that I would like to work with. Like perhaps blending them using different layers for example. I'll have to wait I can loosen some time this week...

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whoa. Nice channel chopping! Just so I'm thinking about this right, you took two seperate images, one with an IR filter and one without? Wow. That is so creative and it works so well.

6. Thanks for your comments Chris. That's exactly it : mounted on a tripod, that's two consecutive shots, one with, the other without the IR filter. I used the B&W version of the IR shot as the Lightness channel of the colour version converted into Lab mode.