Video compression mpeg-4 = mp4?

Desmond, mp4 is just a container format and doesn't say anything about how the content is encoded. It can contain video, audio and subtitle tracks. The video can be encoded using e.g. MPEG-4. Usually the container format dictates what encodings can be used for both video and audio.

And I guess the output from iMovie is a mp4 container using h.264 encoded video as this is what is supported by e.g. AppleTV.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Desmond, mp4 is just a container format and doesn't say anything about how the content is encoded. It can contain video, audio and subtitle tracks. The video can be encoded using e.g. MPEG-4. Usually the container format dictates what encodings can be used for both video and audio.

And I guess the output from iMovie is a mp4 container using h.264 encoded video as this is what is supported by e.g. AppleTV.
Thanks, so the question then is how do I ensure my video is in the format they require???

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom