Video from D7000

This is a test video (about 6 minutes long) of the D7000 & 300mm AFS f4 with tc's 1.4 & 1.7. Shoot using a pair of 3001 legs and a very light 124 Bogen head.

I really think the camera has potential. I really did not record sound but I did use my Hoodman Cine Pro and a combination of manual and autofocus. It is uploaded as 720 HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0zyK17AE20

It came out nice Jeff. My wife as the D7000 and has not really tried video yet. She really loves the camera though.

Thanks Larry. I am particularly pleased with the quality of the video. I have a prosummer HD camcord, and while it is easier to use and the quality of the image is good, it is not as good as the color, sharpness, and contrast of the D7000.

I've been busy recently and have not had the time to start on several projects I want to do, but I now have confidence in the quality of image. While I did not use the RodeVideoPro MIC to record sound on this video, I've done some talking head stuff and it is very clean in its sound. All in all, the D7000 is the perfect companin for my HD video camera and my D200.

Hopefull in a month or two I will have a fully scripted and imaged video to post here. I hope others start posting videos here, lots of D7000 floating around.

Thanks Larry. I am particularly pleased with the quality of the video. I have a prosummer HD camcord, and while it is easier to use and the quality of the image is good, it is not as good as the color, sharpness, and contrast of the D7000. "Snip".

I'm curious to know what "prosumer" HD camcorder you have, because I have a Canon Vixia HF20 and my D7000 is no where close to being as good as my camcorder. The d7000 video is good for what it is but nowhere in the same league

I also have a Vixia with both of the accessories lens. Its a fine camera, but I don't think its color or resolution match the images I'm getting with my 12-24, 80-200 2r, or 300 AFS f4. The vixia is eaiser for many things, but even with the canon shotgun mic made for the Vixia the sound is not as good as which I get with the RodeVideoPro Mic when I'm recording voice. I can follow fast movement much better with the Hoodman on the D7000 than I can with the canon sunshade on my Vixia. .

I find the D7000 produces much better skin tones in video and as wellas being able to follow BIF with Single Auto focus with manual override. Additionally, macro images seem to be much better using either my Tamron 90 or my two longer lenses with the canon 500D.

Of course your giving up 30/60 FPS and the size of the outfits. I've made close to a hundred web videos with the Vixia and know that it is a very good camera. The two aux. lens are very good. The wide angle has been a lifesaver as well as the shotgun mic. I just think for pure video quality with $1000 glass the D7000 has the edge. Your mileage apparently does vary:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan:

I use Avid Studio which imports the file and then converts it to what ever format I need. It also has a builtin youtube upload.

Latest posts

Top Bottom