Video: Why you should never follow other cars too closely UPDATE!!

wow, but why was he video taping while driving!?!?:eek:

maybe his reaction time may have been a bit quicker if he was paying full attention to the road. but maybe not, it happened very quick!

maybe his reaction time may have been a bit quicker if he was paying full attention to the road. but maybe not, it happened very quick!
Um, yeah - that casts a bit of suspicion on the footage. Clearly the driver is the one filming - good idea, not exactly.

Then again, I'd love to see a site with footage of inconsiderate drivers (left lane campers, ehem...) that show the tag number and the driver up close! Of course, it'd also be nice if hwy patrol would pull people over for that instead of popping drivers going 76 in a 65 on the interstate...

Happened to my wife a few hundred miles from home. I 2x4 was kicked up by the vehicle in front of her and shattered the windshield, dented the hood and roof. We were lucky it didn't go through the windshield. but she had to get the car repaired while on a road trip out of state and you guys know how wife's can be. She was shook up for a few days.

Holy Tamoly...!!!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The link no longer works, but I thought there was stuff coming off the truck in the right lane. I wanted to look again closer to see if that was why he was taping.

And no, there is no way he would have been able to avoid that piece of wood. At worst, he would have panicked and swerved off the road.

It was taken down by the person that took the video, Wendy Cobb, probably at the advice of her Lawyers trying to perform damage control. She is tailgating and shooting video on her iphone while driving. By her posting this video and making a fuss about it she has screwed herself in if she gets into legal problems because in most courts if there is proof you were distracted in any way during an accident, you loose.

A couple years ago there was a lady that was seriously injured in a similar accident. There was a metal rod in the road that got kicked up, went through her windshield, entered her face and exited her throat. I don't believe they ever found the person responsible, where the rod came from.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom