Viera Wetlands FL Sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gale, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    For those not familiar with the Viera Wetlands Florida you see so many of us refer to. This is one of the places we shoot at when we get together for the Merritt shoots. Merrit III will be up coming in November. Hope many can join in with us.

2. Very nice Gale great saturated colors, brings back many fond memories for sure, not sure about making Merrtt III the time frame is a bad one for travel with the holiday and all

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image, Gale. Florida seems to have so many beautiful places to shoot birds. With respect to personal safety, are there many poisonous or dangerous critters there, i.e. snakes, gators, etc.?

4. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Gale,

Very serene. Beautiful color. Why do I feel like it's hot and humid?

John

5. Nice shot Gale! You picked the right spot! ;)

John, it's true that it can be hot and humid there during the day. At this particular moment, it was rather pleasant. Just to the right of the shot(looking west), there was a monster thunderstorm working its way over Central Florida. When the storm started rolling in, it brought a strong, cool breeze along with it. We kept waiting for the sun to try to peak through the clouds but ended up having to shoot ISO640-800. We still had a good hour left but the sun wouldn't cooperate.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale, that's one fantastic shot. Gosh, how I wish Patrick and I could make it happen for us to get down for Merritt III...but like Mike says, w/the holidays, it just isn't a good time. The more I look at your shot here, the more I think I might just have to work on Patrick and see what we can do...any idea what the dates are for November?

7. Gale, that looks like a great place, but it also looks like many mosqitos :?
    Cheers

8. Great Shot

Hi Gale,

That is some beautiful scenry. You did a good job capturing it.

--ED--

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You ALLLL Very Much,

Mike,
    Sure sorry you can not make it. Perhaps we will have a Merritt IV during the Florida Birdie season with the breeding colors and nests etc.

Engine 4,
    I have not seen a snake, I am sure they are around. They keep Viera pretty well groomed and the grasses cut. Alligators have also not been a problem. They see us and run. I have only seen them in Viera in the water.

We had no mosquito problems so far, when I have been there.

This is a really nice and safe place. Hope you will come for a visit sometine. :>))

John,
    The humidity is high year around in Florida. More so in summer for sure. This time of year early morning and evening shooting is best for temp.

Kevin,

Yes seems that spot turned out nice. I am very pleased and really liked the colors. Colors are different every day. Good discription of the conditions and T-storm, trying to chase us :>))
    Again thanks for a nice littel shoot.
    I talked to Harry and he said he saw an OWL !!! Something else to elude us :>))

Leigh,
    Frank will let us know the dates soon. Thanksgiving is on thrusday, not sure if it will all extend a few days before or after.
    Hope you could try to come down That would be great.....

Harry,
    Have not had any mosquitos problems myself. Have been there early and late. But there are always that possibility. Maybe there are other things they are pestering. Viera like I sad is well groomed. Nice place to go. Really peaceful. With good shooting ops.

Oh we saw a couple dear, first time for me, but I missed. Did not have time to check my settings.

Ed, Thanks much.
    Hope one day you will consider coming down :>))

10. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi Gail

Such a nice picture it really is such a great birding spot we are so blessed here in Fl. It has been so hot here in Fort Lauderdale during July I'm hoping that the humidity will start to fall a little by the end of Aug. Have you been using that gps at all I love mine hope it is giving you a feeling of security. I remember that very spot I'm going to make this November session hell or high water and sit under Harry's lucky tree until that eagle craps on my head and I have a picture of it.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol Richard.......

Haven't seen the Eagles. Not sure where they are hanging out right now. But they always hide when I get there.

Look fowaard to seeing you for sure.....

Yeah it is a great spot..

If you sit under Harry' s tree all day , you will be amazed what you will see.

Our prob is we are in to much of a hurry to go find something then 10 minutes later there they are right where we were Spend to much time roaming around.

thanks for enjoying the Evening view.

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gale

Sure wish that one day I can join not for birds but the scenery, beautiful colors

See ya!

13. Beautiful image Gale... the colors are fantastic!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hans,

We would love for you to come visit :>)))
    The get togethers are always a great meeting.

Thank you.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Panos,
    The colors were an eye catcher for me. I was with Kevin on a little late afternoon shoot.

I said to him, look at those colors and reflection. Wonder if i could line up a nice landscape. So we looked for a minute. Think the spot was right.

Never know what colors nature might render. Never a duplicate.

16. Hey Gale -

That shot brings back some wonderful memories of the Merritt I session... I sure hope I can make Merritt III!

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    David,

Sure hope you can make. It has been awhile now. Think your due for a visit :>)))

Look foward to seeing you.

18. Beautiful shot, so calm and peaceful. it's very relaxing to look at. It's been some time since i've been able to go out into the Everglades, I really need to make some time.

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Raul,

Hope you can come up for the next shoot in the Merritt-Viera area ..

I don't get out enough myself.

Thank you.

20. Gale -

Beautiful colors and great light in this one - evening, I'd guess?

Eric