Viera Wetlands "nursery"

I am pleased to announce the birth of @2 doz. Black bellied Whistling Ducklings :D

30166369-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/list]

Cool shot Trish. Guess they will all be fledged and gone by the time we get down there in November, huh?

Flew said:
Cool shot Trish. Guess they will all be fledged and gone by the time we get down there in November, huh?

hi Frank,

yes, probably so...they will be gone.

So when in November??

Great news Trish..

Guess I gotta go find them.. What location are they in..

Thanks for sharing the nes and the nice image a well..

They look like little zebra ducks...lol

Wonder how many will make it this time.

Gale said:
Great news Trish..

Guess I gotta go find them.. What location are they in..

Thanks for sharing the nes and the nice image a well..

They look like little zebra ducks...lol

Wonder how many will make it this time.

gale,
I can't believe that there are about 2 doz. So darn cute! I followed them from the pond to the marsh area...heading towards the second lookout, they were in the middle of the first dry area...LOL...I don't know how to explain...hopefully you can locate them. they hide pretty well there but if you see the parents the babies are tucked under the mom..if you get lucky you will see them in the pond...Harry's dead tree pond...

mike mac said:
Wow I sure wish I had the opportunity to capture these little beauty's look forward to some more

Well between Myself, harry and Gale..we should have some decent shots for you to see.

Trish said:
Flew said:

hi Frank,

yes, probably so...they will be gone.

So when in November??

Trish,

Exact dates still being worked on, but it will be the week of Thanksgiving. Will you be able to join us? I hope so. :wink:

I have pictures of the ones back in November. Family that came to an unpleasnt ending due to the alligators, including one parent.

So maybe we will have some in November also.

That was my first trip to viera, using a 70-300 lens. I was pretty disapointed with my results..
That is when I said well I guess photoggraphy is not for me. Harry said try the 80-400..

So now I am happy :>)))))

Perhaps this time I can get some good images. Just love the baby birds and ducks...

Thanks again Trish.
.If you go out one afternoon give me a hollar.

Great pic, Trish! I think the BBWs are the prettiest ducks I've seen in our parts.

You know, I didn't see a single gator at Viera this past weekend. I thought that was strange. Not even at Click Pond. Wonder where they went?

Latest threads

Top Bottom