Viera

this year I ended up going one day only, to viera. Went with my dad and SteveS. We met up with Gale and later on Harry. It started off cloudy, lousy light, but the sun eventually came out. Here are a few shots from my day there.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

my eagle shots were not that great, and no spoonies this year. I'll try to get to Merritt, its been a while since I was there. Maybe next year I can participate more.

Excellent set Harris. Glad that you were able to make it up (and I wish that I could have made it down :rolleyes:).

These are wonderful, as we have come to expect from you.

A few of us amateurs would appreciate identifications of these if you have time. I recognize a few, but not most.

Thanks for posting.

Great stuff Harris. I have not posted in awhile, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to let you know that these shots are absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Joe

Frank,

It didnt feel the same without you, Andreas, and Mike. I hope we can all hit it together again next year.

Pa,

The first one is of male Hooded Merganser's, the second are juvenile great blue herons, the third is a Crested Cara Cara, the fourth is a nest of two baby Anhinga's with an adult, the fifth is an adult Crested Cara Cara, the sixth is a Little green heron, the next one is my favorite to shoot - a Sandhill Crane, and finally another Anhinga.

I shot with the D300 and 400 f2.8 with a 1.7x tc on a gitzo 1325 with wimberley, and the D2Xs with 300 f4 with and without 1.4x tc handheld from the car or standing. If you see 950mm focal length on the exif, that is that is the 400 with 1.7x tc, for some reason it doesnt say 680mm as it should.

Joe,

Thanks so much, if you make it down here let me know, we can hit Loxahatchee NWR. There is a LOT of stuff there to see, but it involves humping it, no cars....

Alex,

We HAVE to get together to do some shooting. I have been getting out more. I had a lot of stuff going on with my dads place, and still have my plate full, but getting out to shoot helps keep me out of the looney bin...

Gonzo,

I barely made it myself, and I live down here. Thanks so much. Hope we meet up at next years shoot.

Very good series Harris. I like them all. I didn't see much of the Caracaras this year but you sure did well catching them.

Sorry I missed you guys this year - I was there early in the week.

Don

D

DW Brewer

Wonderful series. The Hoodies played hard to get for me --- stayed out i the middle of the cells for the most part.

M

mattcham

Impressive collection. Probably the best caracara captures I've seen this year!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom