1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Viera's Crested Caracara's

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Hi all. One week the RWBB's were bothering the caracara's, flying all around them. What pests they were! Then the next week I caught this couple preening and lovin! I hope that means babies!!:biggrin: Both taken with the D300 and Nikon 500 f4

0_0_ab1ceaeefb11836712a30ab1afa97708_1.

View attachment 220384

Best to all
    Nancy

2. Very nice set Nancy. That first shot should be printed. Have a great 4th.

3. Thanks Louis!:smile: And yes I have printed it to a 13x19 and love it.

Nancy

4. They are Both Good but the First one Rocks!!!

5. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Lovely captures.
    regards.

6. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Nancy:

I see your RWBB's are just like ours -- FEARLESS! Here they don't like eagles, and treat them with as much disdain as yours treat Caracaras! Your Caracara images make me wish to be back at Viera.

7. Nancy these are terrific pictures. I really hope to see one of these birds some day.

8. Hey, I know that limb! Nice ones Nancy. Glenda and I both recognized the spot and it took us right back to a great week in February.

9. Thank you so much all!!!:biggrin: I really did not know how well these came out till I got home and then I was thrilled. I suppose THAT tree and these birds might be called the icons of Viera for sure. I hope the memories they bring back are happy ones to all!:smile:

Nancy

10. I'll put my money on the RWBB. *-) Always like seeing pics of the caracaras. Nicely done Nancy. Wish I had these birds around here. Guess I'll have to put up with the ospreys instead. Can't wait to get back to the East coast to shoot some of these guys.

11. Thanks Mike!:smile: Yes, Viera has most everything, great place!!

Nancy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.