1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

View finder/screen confusion?

Discussion in 'Nikon Z Mirrorless Forum' started by Philz, May 17, 2019.

1. Philz

Philz

May 17, 2019
    Hi - just received the Z6 having sold off all my MFT stuff and my D800 and I'm confused about using the screen/monitor and view finder. When I am using the Automatic Display Switch function I can use either but once I bring the screen near to my body to take a shot using the viewfinder then the screen switches off I assume it has triggered the sensor in the eyepiece? When I then move the camera away from myself it does not automatically switch back and I cant review the images on the monitor without having to press the button on the side of the eyepiece a further three times. I've searched through the manual and online and cant find out what I'm doing wrong - I'm almost at the point of giving up in frustration - hope someone can help I suspect its something obvious!!!

2. mathjak107

mathjak107

Mar 20, 2007
    nyc
    I use the prioritize viewfinder setting

3. Hit the button on the left side of the viewfinder to toggle those settings. I'm new to the Z6 too (just got it this week, my first Nikon!). I actually like 'Prioritize Viewfinder' to save a bit of battery life. If I want to see the last shot, I just hit Play button in the rear top left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.