View from 12,700 ft

This is a 6 image handheld panorama of the alps from near the top of the Matterhorn Glacier Express.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What a spectacular view! The best thing about skiing was seeing vistas like this! But I was a very tentative skier getting back down! LOL!

Beautiful view. See anyone on a sled? I took up sledding when we lived there, it’s a fast way down.

Quite the view. Back when I did it my primary reason for downhill skiing was just being on the mountain and the views it offered.
I do some hardcore skiing with friends of mine every January. My family trip is generally more sedate, and I often take in the views on these easier runs.

Spectacular! Nice job with the pano too.
Thanks, Allan. I don't do many panos. The photomerge tool in PS CC is amazing and very easy to use.

I think the sledding is now confined to the Gornergrat area. We did see some folks on sleds. I prefer a bit more control!!
I hit a fire hydrant in Austria on my sled, knocked me out for awhile. I still have my sled, it's a fast one. Never tried skiing, heard it wasn't great for people with bad knees and I've ruined mine biking.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom