View from my porch this afternoon

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Nikam, Nov 27, 2005.

1. I haven't posted for quite a while. I teach at the local university and don't get very much time for taking pictures or posting this time of year:frown: Anyway, after I finished marking today, I took a quick shot with the 70-200VR handheld off my porch at sunset:

While I'm at it, here's one of a little lake I took early in the morning back in Sept.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dennis Beautiful shots. Wow what a porch view...
    Good to see ya posting :>))

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful images...the first has a very interesting hue, it looks as though the low sun filtered through some clouds sprayed the landscape with a reddish tint. The second image is nailed...the early morning mist completes the mood. Well done!

4. Thanks, Gale.

That pic is at 150mm, so its really a small portion of the view. There are trees in the way and I had to shoot high and crop off the sky to avoid the houses across the street. Here is another view at 155mm looking about 40 to 50 degrees West of the other one. Unfortunately, the foreground hill is going to subdivisions in the next year or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  5. Thanks, Frank. The light on the mountains really caught my eye last night. That's why I was out standing on my icy porch in my socks last night when my wife drove in. She thinks I'm nuts - she's probably right, lol.

6. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Great view Dennis..would love that view off my porch...

Tim

7. Wonderful shots, I really like the fog on the little lake!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi again Dennis,

A subdivision.. On no. Your view is so gorgeous.

think you forgot the .jpg at the end of that one you posted for us.

Hope you don't mind me pasting it in for you :>))

thanks.
    Gorgeous view.

9. Thanks Tim and Andreas.

Gale, Thank-you. I don't know how I missed that. I've fixed it now for what its worth. As far as the subdivision goes, they've already bulldozed in the road right-of-ways although I don't think you can see them in my pic. Part of that hill is a natural park, and most people thought it was all park. There was quite an uproar when they started the development, but apparently its been in the works since they created the park. Oh well, such is progress I guess.

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Great shots.. You should do a "study" before they convert it to homes.