View in window from work + redo

Took the 50mm 1.8 out today and played a bit. Hand held. I am not to good at landscape I don't think.

Standing outside, river to right and the building refflection on left through the window.

Critique please.

Thank You
41740326.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Quick redo of image. Ok Frank and others. How does this work.
View attachment 7112

Very Nice !

I would try cropping from the top to see if you can remove the blue upper area. The grass in the bottom is enough to show it's a building.

Ideally, if you get get the construction team back and get them to make the section above the window the same size as the section below, then you could get a great shot of green / stone / reflection / stone / blue - but I think you may have to be VERY persuasive :D

Did I forget to mention that I am great fan of reflections as well as panoramas ? .... hey, now if you could Pano that reflection ....

Thank You Dawg,

The river reflecting is where your boat was. :>))

Always loved the reflections in these windows.

Doug,

Thank you.
I will sure do that. I was going to crop that corner. Wonder why I did not. Hummm .

there are two more floors above this window. Wonder how I would get all the windows with reflections.

The building next to us has the same. I might try shooting it from our third floor..

The reflections really are pretty sometimes.

LOL Hans,

10 minute break aren't very long. Take photos often during that time.

Now we have a Mallard Duck Family I am watching and shooting. She has 11 eggs. :>)) So if they don't get in front of the cars, I might get some little yellow fuzzy duck pics, I hope.

Thank You for your kind comments.

obelix,
Thank you so kindly.

I often see areas I really love and not quite sure how to photo them.

I hope this will get me off on other subjects besides birds. That sure is not easy at all.

Cool picture....nice to see you stepping out of your comfort zone and succeeding....I'm trying a bit of that myself these days!!! Girl Power Rules!!!

OK Gale VRVR, you were honest with me the other day, I'm going to be honest with you.

Nice pic.... :lol: :D

I do have a suggestion. If it were me, I'd make this into a pano style shot, and get rid of everything but the white building and the windows; no sky and no grass. I'd like to see this version, just to see if I was totally out in left field. :roll:

Frank

Ok Frank,

That sound like a good suggestion. I will try it. After work tonight that is. May even try taking another at work and compose differently.

Much appreciated :>))

I really appreciate the honesty. That is how we learn. It is tough out there all alone. Thats why we have better production doing it together.

Thanks pat,

Appreciate your good eye. I just would not have thought of cropping that way. The blue corner yes, but not this way.

I cleaned up thier paint job a bit to...lol.

Wonder what I should charge for a new paint job on a three story building...lolol

Thanks again.

Thank You Harry,

I wish I was so good at PS..

And better at photographing. :>))

I retried the shots at work yesterday again. But the right light just wasnt there.

The crop shot definately looks better.
So do you class it as a picture of a building, a picture of a reflection, or a landscape ??? :D

The fact that you spotted it in the first place probably means you've got a better "eye" than you think you have.

Doug,

lolol you had to ask that.... hummmm.

A building with a reflecting landscape. ?????

Landscape reflecting off a building. ???

Gale,

Now that is definitely cool. 8) I definitely like the crop.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Been out shooting.... :wink:

Frank

Latest threads

Top Bottom