View NX -am I stupid?

Or is this program really that poor? I mostly just use it to quick view and dupe anything I really want to work on. I do assign keywords but I'll be danged if I can find a way to search for images by keyword within the program itself

I hear you, Glenn. ViewNX is not up to snuff in regards to tagging but thankfully Mac's Search Light (??) and Windows or Google Desktop can find your keywords.

Glenn,

If you access the first page of ViewNX's help screens, it provides an overview of the software's capabilities. Tagging and searching is not mentioned.

I'm a huge proponent of IDimager for doing what you want to do. You might want to download it as a trial version to determine if it meets your needs.

You guys may be throwing PC stuff my way and it's appreciated but I use a Mac. I can find my stuff using Spotlight although Danielles "Search light" name is actually a better term. I'm using the View NX 1.04 anyway but seems there is no change. Oh well. Thanks all. Maybe the next version will have what would seem an easy thing to add in.

You can add tags with ViewNX, but not search.

To add, open Metadata, and add tags under XMP/IPTC Information.

Glenn,

Sorry that I didn't notice that you are using a Mac. Spotlight should work great for you.
No prob Mike. It does work fine it's just a matter of stepping out of the program to use it. I don't know if PSE does as I have not used it for sorting pics but in Apple Iphoto you can enter a keyword and it pulls out every pic with that key and displays them all. Nice feature!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom