1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

View NX -am I stupid?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by threecats, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Or is this program really that poor? I mostly just use it to quick view and dupe anything I really want to work on. I do assign keywords but I'll be danged if I can find a way to search for images by keyword within the program itself

2. You're not stupid, there is no search within ViewNX app.

3. Thanks Danielle.
    that's just plain sad. Frankly, as much as I love Nikon stuff that borders on unacceptable. What good does it do to tag pics if you can not search for them within the same program?

4. I hear you, Glenn. ViewNX is not up to snuff in regards to tagging but thankfully Mac's Search Light (??) and Windows or Google Desktop can find your keywords.

5. Glenn,

If you access the first page of ViewNX's help screens, it provides an overview of the software's capabilities. Tagging and searching is not mentioned.

I'm a huge proponent of IDimager for doing what you want to do. You might want to download it as a trial version to determine if it meets your needs.

6. You guys may be throwing PC stuff my way and it's appreciated but I use a Mac. I can find my stuff using Spotlight although Danielles "Search light" name is actually a better term. I'm using the View NX 1.04 anyway but seems there is no change. Oh well. Thanks all. Maybe the next version will have what would seem an easy thing to add in.

7. Glenn,

Sorry that I didn't notice that you are using a Mac. Spotlight should work great for you.

8. I_media

I_media

May 16, 2007
    Norway
    You can add tags with ViewNX, but not search.

To add, open Metadata, and add tags under XMP/IPTC Information.

9. No prob Mike. It does work fine it's just a matter of stepping out of the program to use it. I don't know if PSE does as I have not used it for sorting pics but in Apple Iphoto you can enter a keyword and it pulls out every pic with that key and displays them all. Nice feature!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.