ViewNX can't read Capture NX2 edits?

When I try to do a batch conversion of NEF files with ViewNX, I get a message: "Your selection includes some NEF/NRW images that cannot be edited with ViewNX. These images...". Apparently these are images that I have edited in NX2 and saved.

So I guess this is just a limitation of ViewNX ? Bummer.

Jan,

Batching with View NX, when that is possible or practical, is apparently faster than batching with Capture NX2. Somewhere in the forum you can find a link to a video of a Nikon rep explaining that View NX is designed for batch processing the global adjustments such as white balance faster than Capture NX2.

Is there a reason you don't want to batch with NX2?
Jan,

Batching with View NX, when that is possible or practical, is apparently faster than batching with Capture NX2. Somewhere in the forum you can find a link to a video of a Nikon rep explaining that View NX is designed for batch processing the global adjustments such as white balance faster than Capture NX2.
Not only is it faster, you can resize automatically.

I sometimes want to get a quick NEF -> Jpeg conversion sized for viewing on my HDTV (1920px longest side). ViewNX makes this very straighforward.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize it was faster.

As far as resizing in NX2 goes, I just set up a settings file that changes the longest side to 1024 ( for uploading to flickr) Just have the images highlighted in the browser, apply the settings file, save the output as a jpg, and voila.

Maybe I'll tinker with ViewNX batching, although any image that I am going to work on will be in NX2 anyway, so I doubt it would prove to be of much use for me.

Because edits done in Capture NX are not available to be rendered in View NX, it will not edit a file that has been saved in Capture NX.
(I read this on another forum - i do not use View NX personally)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom