1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

ViewNX Problem Processing MVI from D90

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by rfk318, Aug 1, 2009.

1. rfk318

rfk318

Mar 17, 2009
    Loveland, CO
    I have a D90 that if I take an mvi on the same memory with pictures I cannot down load the images because ViewNX crashes. It also impacts my pictures in XP Prof.

I have been in a discussion with Nikon for over 30 days on this with no satisfactory resolution. Does anyone else have this same problem and how was it resolved? Thanks for any responses.

2. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Are you downloading directly from the camera using ViewNX? Maybe a workaround would be to create 2 directories on your computer and manually transfer the files, 1 for images and the other for the mvi.

I'm not sure how ViewNX handles mvi files, and maybe it doesn't handle them at all.

Regards,
    John

3. rfk318

rfk318

Mar 17, 2009
    Loveland, CO
    ViewNX

I normally just use an SD adapter with a USB interface. That might be a good idea since one of my options is to use a separate SD card for pics and another for mvi. I have not tried that yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.