Views from Sgùrr Alasdair

Sgùrr Alasdair is a munro on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. It is part of the Cuillin Ridge. It's height is 3254ft/992m. I hiked up to the top and these were the views I was able to capture. All taken with my D850 and 20mm 1.8.

I actually wish I had a 14-24 for the sheer expanse of the views. The 20mm wasn't wide enough and I made a couple of panos with it for this reason. Last pic is a pano.

Weather was unbelievable good and not typical of Skye or Scotland in general.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lovely shots and well done you for making the climb with a D850! My nephew is an enthusiastic Munro bagger but he assures me that if I ever wanted to climb one for the view I'd need to ditch my D810 for a wee mirrorless.

Lovely shots and well done you for making the climb with a D850! My nephew is an enthusiastic Munro bagger but he assures me that if I ever wanted to climb one for the view I'd need to ditch my D810 for a wee mirrorless.
Weight is a consideration but mirrorless is not necessary.

Last edited:
Real Name
Heiko
I never thought that Scotland could have barren rocks (I'm a desert freak) - these are wonderful images! Many thanks for sharing. I hope will be getting there one day.

My favs are 1, 4 and 5.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom