Views of Mt. Hood, Oregon

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Mt. Hood can be seen for miles around. My wife, brother-in-law and I saw these views while climbing up to a lookout point.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    AWWWW I have been there. What a beautiful place. Great BIG evergreen trees...

Beautiful shots Gordon.

thank you for sharing.

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very nice. Those Oregon forests are so amazing. Love the shots.

4. Thanks so much Gale and Terri. Oregon is a beautiful state and I always enjoy my visits there. Fortunately my wife has two brothers that live there so it is easy for us to visit.

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I always loved that view when I visited the area.....great shots.

6. The view is so beautiful, with the temperature that we have right now in the 90's i would like to climb up that mountain and sit in that snow.

7. Gordon, I really like the first shot! I'm itching to go shoot some mountains. Thinking of sneaking away for a weekend. ;)

8. Great job love the contrast of the deep green forests and the starkness of the mountain.

9. Thanks a bunch Ken, Gilles, Kevin and Mike. I too like the contrast of the forest and mountain. Mt. Hood really sticks up there all by itself.

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Greyflash....

I always enjoy seeing your unique and talented point of view.
    These images are such a nice change from my cement jungle :)

Thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

11. Why thanks Robert, that is a nice compliment.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome images Gordon. I've never been to the great northwest, but I have heard so many wonderful things about it. Your images depict what may be commonly known as "God's County". Can only imagine what it might be like for the locals who wake up each day and see those sites from the kitchen window....ahhhhh! Breathtaking!

13. Thanks Frank, everytime we go up there my wife wants to look for a house. :lol: :lol: I keep telling her that the reason it is so pretty is because it rains all the time.

14. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Great shots, Gordon! I wish I were there - we got around 100F and 85% humidity. I'm longing for some snow.

15. I wish I were still there, I was in my yard fixing sprikler valves today and it was 108.

16. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very beautiful shots Gordon!

I love the northwest and would like to live there. My wife, like you, mentions that it always rains there... I just have to remind her that it always rains here too, but our rainy season usually brings a few hurricanes with it.

Joe

17. My wife lived there in her growing up years and looks back with fondness on Oregon. We have lived all over the place but after retirement we moved to the desert of Utah in St. George. Putting up with the heat in the summer months is the only drawback as our winters are superb.

Thanks for your comments on my images.

18. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    The 1st photo, WOW.