Vine with Pink Flower

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, May 13, 2007.

1. Something to celebrate Mother's Day.
    :smile: :smile: :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Can anyone ID this for me?

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is very pretty
    No idea what it is. I have never seen it before

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

Now that I really really like - it is beautiful.....Very delicate but still with colour...

Yes Virginia ....one of my favourites.

As for the type of flower, with my wide knowledge of plants and vegetation I can tell you that it is definitiely..........

a pink one:biggrin:

Very best wishes

Ray

4. Virginia, this is gorgeous!

The plant is a Clematis. There are many common names in English, one of them being "Virginia's bower" - ah, sorry "Virgin's bower", of course :smile:

Cheers

5. Very nice Virginia !! :smile:

6. Thanks Gale, Ray, Harry and Mike.

Thanks too for the ID, Harry. I thought this looked like a clematis, but it's such an unusual color. Most of the ones I see around here are whites. I found this in at a home I saw on Realtor's tour. The gardens were exquisite....made me want to stop and smell the roses!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  7. Virginia, your clematis is lovely!! We have several lavendar varieties in bloom around our area. I was going to plant one but decided on a red passion flower instead.

8. Beautiful, Virginia. You sure that's not a painting?

9. Thanks, Crystall. When it comes to lovely flowers, I always think of you!

Jim, thank you too. Did you catch me? Maybe so. This is a montage. The original photo was just a single flower with vine. I isolated the flower from the original background, than created the background using a couple of different layers and effects.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Virginia

you know Virginia....I have looked again at your image and I think what sets it off is your use of a pale background.....

I would have been tempted to go for a black background but looking at how the pale beige retains the delicacy, black would have killed it.

I really like this image a lot and really can see this one framed........

Best wishes

Ray

11. Beautiful almost looks like an water color painting....

Lil

12. brownie2d2x

brownie2d2x Guest

Definitely wall worthy, Virginia. Almost looks like a lithograph scientific drawing.

13. Thanks, Ray, for revisiting this image.
    The background color is one I selected from the image. That's a technique I often employ, but it's a trial and error thing.
    :smile:
    Virginia
    aka beaucamera

14. Thanks, Lil and Carol for your comments. This montage started off as a single flower. The background was a bunch of layers I created with the same flower.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera