Vine with Pink Flower

Something to celebrate Mother's Day.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Can anyone ID this for me?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Virginia

Now that I really really like - it is beautiful.....Very delicate but still with colour...

Yes Virginia ....one of my favourites.

As for the type of flower, with my wide knowledge of plants and vegetation I can tell you that it is definitiely..........

a pink one:biggrin:

Very best wishes

Ray

Virginia, this is gorgeous!

The plant is a Clematis. There are many common names in English, one of them being "Virginia's bower" - ah, sorry "Virgin's bower", of course :smile:

Cheers

Thanks Gale, Ray, Harry and Mike.

Thanks too for the ID, Harry. I thought this looked like a clematis, but it's such an unusual color. Most of the ones I see around here are whites. I found this in at a home I saw on Realtor's tour. The gardens were exquisite....made me want to stop and smell the roses!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator:
Virginia, your clematis is lovely!! We have several lavendar varieties in bloom around our area. I was going to plant one but decided on a red passion flower instead.

Thanks, Crystall. When it comes to lovely flowers, I always think of you!

Jim, thank you too. Did you catch me? Maybe so. This is a montage. The original photo was just a single flower with vine. I isolated the flower from the original background, than created the background using a couple of different layers and effects.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Virginia

you know Virginia....I have looked again at your image and I think what sets it off is your use of a pale background.....

I would have been tempted to go for a black background but looking at how the pale beige retains the delicacy, black would have killed it.

I really like this image a lot and really can see this one framed........

Best wishes

Ray

B

brownie2d2x

Definitely wall worthy, Virginia. Almost looks like a lithograph scientific drawing.

you know Virginia....I have looked again at your image and I think what sets it off is your use of a pale background.....

I would have been tempted to go for a black background but looking at how the pale beige retains the delicacy, black would have killed it.

I really like this image a lot and really can see this one framed........

Best wishes

Ray
Thanks, Ray, for revisiting this image.
The background color is one I selected from the image. That's a technique I often employ, but it's a trial and error thing.
:smile:
Virginia
aka beaucamera

Thanks, Lil and Carol for your comments. This montage started off as a single flower. The background was a bunch of layers I created with the same flower.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom