Vintage Years

Colonial cane chair+Victorian towel rail
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NikonDf+85mm f1.8 non ai (converted)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really like your processing and the shapes and texture in the details, Ben!
Thank you Bart. I used my beat up pre ai 85 mm lens for this image, which belonged to a press photographer in the 60s early 70s and I’m surprised at how much detail it captured. If you saw it’s condition you’d bin it without a second thought.
I might try it on my D300 but it’s such a heavy all metal beast that I’m not sure I could hold the whole thing steady.
Ben

Never judge a book by its cover :)

In this case, beat up = used a lot = a satisfying lens

Thank you Bart. I used my beat up pre ai 85 mm lens for this image, which belonged to a press photographer in the 60s early 70s and I’m surprised at how much detail it captured. If you saw it’s condition you’d bin it without a second thought.
I might try it on my D300 but it’s such a heavy all metal beast that I’m not sure I could hold the whole thing steady.
Ben

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to Allan, dossy and Terri for viewing and your encouraging comments. It was a great lens in its time and continues to give good results.
I did toy with the idea of giving it a sepia tone but didn’t want to overkill the image.

Ben

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom