Violin practice

Discussion in 'People' started by Pa, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

1. Our granddaughter is not a musical prodigy but she plays pretty well for a six year old. Here she is playing a duet with her mother, who also plays violin.

D75_7884-XL.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Very well done! I really like the concentration shown in her pretty eyes. What a lovely granddaughter! (Just remove the spot on her elbow....please....)

3. Thanks, Karen.

:banghead:

(Done)

Thanks, Nick.

4. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    THANKS! Now it's perfect! (y)

5. This is so nice that hopefully you and the subject can make some more photos of a more formal nature as well.

6. Thanks, Rick.

Thank YOU. I'm not very good at catching things like that. (I also go in for realism - you may have noticed the ointment on her upper lip which I didn't try to remove.)

By the way, does the little "attached files" window show in your view? If so, how do I remove it?

7. The "attached files" window displays on my end but I have no idea how to remove it.

8. It wasn't there at first, but it is now. It's the original shot; I think you edit your post and if you scroll done you should be presented with an option to delete it.

9. When I've been presented with that, I delete both and reattach the new one :rolleyes:

10. What a cute granddaughter you have.

11. (That's what I just did.)

Thanks, Gordon.

12. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Did you use the Upload feature? If so, did you select "Insert Image into Post" option?

13. Excellent portrait...I like how you used a narrow depth of field to focus the viewer's attention on your granddaughter, yet show the environment with the piano and sheet of music in the background.

Glenn

14. No, I linked from Smugmug.

15. Thanks, Glenn. That was intentional, but you are the first to notice and mention it.

16. Sledgehammer wins every time! :D

17. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Strange. I link from SM and never get the "attached file" box. Do you use the "mountain" icon above to paste the link into the thread?

18. Yup.