Viper

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Ruffles, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    This is another shot for a local dealer taken in thier show room. In exchange for a couple of prints, they let me set up my lights and take some pics after they closed. Black cars are hard to shoot. I think I need some sheets to put over the car to generate some better reflections. Any other tips for shooting black cars?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Nice capture but I would like the background just a little bit brighter to create a some seperation on the hood and deck lid area. other than that, well done.:smile:

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats a great shot. I will echo the same sentiment as Raul, I think there needs to be some separation of the car and the background...

Perhaps red gelled sb800's fired against the wall to accent the calipers and Viper logo.

4. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Very nice light but please next time line upo the front wheel!

5. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I wasn't able to shine a strobe on the wall behind the car because there wasn't one. Also, the angle of the front wheel comes from the distorted point of view of the Nikkor 12-24. At any rate, it seems that most people don't like the angle or the black on black motif. I guess I'll try something differnt next time. Here's one of the original pics just to see what I started with.

[​IMG]