Virginia Tech Day of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Pa, Apr 20, 2007.

1. A few scenes around the campus today.

#1 A-J Hall, where the events began...

[​IMG]

#2 Norris Hall, where 31 people died on Monday. The shootings took place in the 2nd-floor classrooms in the wing on the left. The offices of the Dean of Engineering are above the arch in the wing on the right.

[​IMG]

#3 Students gather in front of Burruss Hall for the Memorial Service...

[​IMG]

#4 Visitors pay their respects at the War memorial...

[​IMG]

#5 Impromptu memorial on the Drill Field...

[​IMG]

#6 View of Drill Field from War Memorial...

[​IMG]

#7 Normally bustling dormitory entrance stands empty in a deserted campus

[​IMG]

2. Thank you Jim.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images Jim
    Thank you

Go Hokies, BE STRONG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  4. Thanks for posting these, Jim. From the accounts I've heard, you did well to get these without 20 media people in every frame.

I'm class of '73, but the events of this week have made me feel like I left Tech just a few weeks ago. It's been so surreal to see the sad images of a place I remember so fondly.

5. I photographed the memorial in Truro, Nova Scotia, for French professor Jocelyne Couture-Nowak on Friday. She lived there for 14 years and her sister lives in Halifax (about an hours drive). What an outstanding beautiful person the world lost.

Thanks for sharing those photos Jim.

6. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thank you for posting your photos!

VT has such a beautiful campus and is sad to know as the students walk past those buildings that they will have to remember this tragic event!

7. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    Jim,

I'm a Hokie and an engineer. Thanks for bringing back some memories of happier times past at VT for me. I hope those days will return very soon. On Monday, the journey back to normalcy begins.

8. Very touching Jim. Do I remember correctly that you taught there?

9. Thanks, all. Yes, David, 29 years in the Mechanical Engineering Department, just across a courtyard from Norris. We have been Blacksburg residents for nearly 33 years.