Virginia Tech tradegy

My heart goes out to anyone in our community that had friends or loved ones involved in this horrifying tradegy.

Lets all take a few moments today to remember those who did not survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hobbies are shooting pictures and shooting guns. Let's keep things in perspective and remember people kill people, not guns.

Agreed. This is a sad thing that has happened and it's a shame it ever did.

I personally would like to see these events get less media coverage and make them less appealing to a freak that is looking to get his '15 seconds of fame' by killing innocent people.

My hobbies are shooting pictures and shooting guns. Let's keep things in perspective and remember people kill people, not guns.

I personally would like to see these events get less media coverage and make them less appealing to a freak that is looking to get his '15 seconds of fame' by killing innocent people.
I agree on all points. I share the same hobbies as you. Also, the media coverage is ridiculous. You are exactly right on the next freak looking for his fame. It's terrible.

Can i get an AMEN?!?!? People think guns are the problem, so lets make laws that responsible citizens can no longer buy guns. But the thugs, robbers, criminals, and bad guys can buy guys because they don't buy them legally. They get them from robbing houses and stolen guns. How does this reduce crime? It doesn't.

Its a tragedy of what happened at VT, its sad. But don't blame guns for a lunatic. If thats some peoples reasoning, then they should ban automobiles, because they kill more people every year then guns do.

Wait just a minute folks....
This is no time for gun or media debates.

It is a time to help the vicims family and friends with our sympathies.
Our own Pa aka Jim has been affected by this and other members as well.

Lets have some respect for all and open our hearts and minds to them

Thanks

J

jaymc

It is a time to help the victims family and friends with our sympathies.

Thanks

I tend to agree with you Gale. I've stopped watching the "TV news" - putting out erroneous information (automatic guns, worst US massacre, Chinese gunman, etc... - all wrong).

- Jay

Can i get an AMEN?!?!? People think guns are the problem, so lets make laws that responsible citizens can no longer buy guns. But the thugs, robbers, criminals, and bad guys can buy guys because they don't buy them legally. They get them from robbing houses and stolen guns. How does this reduce crime? It doesn't.

Its a tragedy of what happened at VT, its sad. But don't blame guns for a lunatic. If thats some peoples reasoning, then they should ban automobiles, because they kill more people every year then guns do.

It is a time to help the vicims family and friends with our sympathies.

Thanks

As Gale says, this is no place for a debate, but here in the UK this shooting tragedy is the lead item on ALL news channels and we just do not understand how you on the one hand deplore what has happened and yet failed to condemn the weapon/s used.

This is just me voiceing a difference of attitutes and is not meant as a criticism.

Bob F.

Guns, media and politics aside, This is truly a sad time for VT, Virgina and America. My heart filled condolences to all involved and I will keep them in my prayers.

God people get past your petty personal feelings and beliefs in regards to guns, news and society, the main thing IS people from all over the country have lost loved ones in this tragedy and are suffering greatly. So instead of pointing fingers, and you all know nothing will ever get resolved regarding these topics in these areas on a discussion board on the Internet. Instead of thinking about what "YOU" feel give some thought to those who have been tragically affected by this disaster and lend your hears feelings and sympathies to those folks who need our help now!

As Gale says, this is no place for a debate, but here in the UK this shooting tragedy is the lead item on ALL news channels and we just do not understand how you on the one hand deplore what has happened and yet failed to condemn the weapon/s used.

This is just me voiceing a difference of attitutes and is not meant as a criticism.

Bob F.

Im not debating, my sympathy goes out to ALL effected by this incident. Im just saying that the media is biased and reports things as horrific gun slaying and things to make it out as guns are the root of all evil. What if this guy came into the school with a butter knife and did what he did? Its not about the tools he used, it about an unstable kid with a death wish and to take as many as he could with him. Like i said, my sympathy goes out to all effected.

Im not debating, my sympathy goes out to ALL effected by this incident. Im just saying that the media is biased and reports things as horrific gun slaying and things to make it out as guns are the root of all evil. What if this guy came into the school with a butter knife and did what he did? Its not about the tools he used, it about an unstable kid with a death wish and to take as many as he could with him. Like i said, my sympathy goes out to all effected.

Drop the gun thing would you please who friggin cares what you think about guns!
Your statement about the butter knife is about as ridiculous as I have ever heard
It is not guns, news, or society to blame it is the act of a sick deranged individual that has impacted hundreds of lives throughout the country

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
This thread is for the people and only the people. We will not debate anything here. It would be a shame to lock a well intended thread for these poor souls because of that.
Add condolences if you are inclined but leave all other comments out.

For what it's worth, the original poster opened the door to the comments about guns. It's a shame folks like Mike are getting so upset about it.

IMO, just lock it up Dave. There's more than one thread on here regarding the tragedy that took place yesterday and that's more than one too many.

Drop the gun thing would you please who friggin cares what you think about guns!
Your statement about the butter knife is about as ridiculous as I have ever heard
It is guns news society it is the act of a sick deranged individual that has impacted hundreds of lives throughout the country

My apology. I thought this was an internet forum where people express their opinions, i must be mistaken. I'm done with this topic.

The Cafe rules clearly state"

" Posts of a political, cultural or religious nature will be heavily moderated. This forum is not a sounding board for political, cultural or religious agendas, nor is it intended for distribution of sexual materials."

Making a call to altruisitic ideals and then going off and violating the above rule is also not permitted.

I lost a sister to a handgun and some of the people kiled at Va. Tech were personal friends of my grand daughter; she is devastated. Stop this inane pro-anti gun discussion and blanket condemnations of society. This is neither the time or place for such discussions.

Rich Gibson

Rich
I feel so bad for your Grandaughter. This is all so hard, especially for the young.
My blessings to her. Hoping that time will heal.

Our Pa, Jim has also been affected directly also.

Bless you all and my heart goes out to you.

Rich
I feel so bad for your Grandaughter. This is all so hard, especially for the young.
My blessings to her. Hoping that time will heal.

Our Pa, Jim has also been affected directly also.

Bless you all and my heart goes out to you.

Thanks, discussion is pointless. The place to resolve it is in the voting booth, not on internet sites. We should move on and try to immerse ourselves in this hobby with our friends here.

Rich

What a joke.

As I've said in the other threads on this topic my prayers are with those involved either directly or indirectly with this tragedy. I hope folks don't think because of my previous comments earlier in the thread that I'm somehow some unsympathetic jerk because that's exactly how I've been painted. Well done.

G

Gr8Tr1x

I'm just saying that the media is biased and reports things as horrific gun slaying and things to make it out as guns are the root of all evil.

Water is wet and the sky is blue. I'm just sayin'.

Latest threads

Top Bottom